The Student Room Group

Anyone doing AS drama and theatre?

There seems to be literally no forums for drama and theatre and i cant find anything online so is my college the only one that others st wanted to know if anyone else is doing it because im really stuck on coursework and could use a little help from people for inspiration of what im actually meant to be writing about!!
I studied Drama and Theatre studies AS last year and am studying A2 this year. What exam board are you with as I may be able to offer some help. Feel free to message me for any help or advice you may need :smile:
Original post by MeganMay
There seems to be literally no forums for drama and theatre and i cant find anything online so is my college the only one that others st wanted to know if anyone else is doing it because im really stuck on coursework and could use a little help from people for inspiration of what im actually meant to be writing about!!

I am considering studying it at AS level, do you have any idea what the course is like?
Original post by hattie graham
I am considering studying it at AS level, do you have any idea what the course is like?

I did AS drama last year, and I'm just starting A2. I think they're changing the AS/A Levels but I can give you an idea of what I did, as I don't think it'll be too different.

I guess it depends on what exam board you do, I did Edexcel. The AS course is 40% coursework and then 60% performance. For the coursework we studied 2 different plays in class, workshopping them and focusing on different scenes and then wrote about our work in class. We also went to see a play and had to review that from more of a technical/director's viewpoint. For the performance aspects we did 2 performances; 1 was a monologue/duologue no longer than 5 minutes and the other was a group play that was directed by our teacher, which was around 30 minutes.

If you really enjoy drama I would encourage you to take it, as I had so much fun last year. Just make sure you are confident in your written work, as in the second year it turns to 60% written and 40% performance, including a final written exam.

Hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending