The Student Room Group

International Student with IB apply to IFP

Hello, I'm a international student who wants to apply to International Foundation Program.
I really failed IB, especially TOK+EE... I got +0. I was predicted +3 (A for TOK B for History). And it made me gave up to retake IB or what so ever.
And then I found out I can apply to universities I like with foundation program. I have high GPA and my IELTS score is around 8, so I wanted to apply to IFP.
But here's my problem.

If you have already obtained the IB and do not meet the Law entry requirements you will not be eligible for the foundation programme or the degree.

that is the official e-mail sent by KCL to me.
It says that if I already have IB score, then I cannot apply to IFP.
I saw some threads here saying that they took IB before and studied in IFP or something.
Is there other universities accept IFP -> Undergraduate study who already have IB grades?
btw, I'm planning to do LLB or War Studies. TY!
Original post by Wolfguy
Hello, I'm a international student who wants to apply to International Foundation Program.
I really failed IB, especially TOK+EE... I got +0. I was predicted +3 (A for TOK B for History). And it made me gave up to retake IB or what so ever.
And then I found out I can apply to universities I like with foundation program. I have high GPA and my IELTS score is around 8, so I wanted to apply to IFP.
But here's my problem.

If you have already obtained the IB and do not meet the Law entry requirements you will not be eligible for the foundation programme or the degree.

that is the official e-mail sent by KCL to me.
It says that if I already have IB score, then I cannot apply to IFP.
I saw some threads here saying that they took IB before and studied in IFP or something.
Is there other universities accept IFP -> Undergraduate study who already have IB grades?
btw, I'm planning to do LLB or War Studies. TY!

Where are you looking to do the IFP?! I've noticed KCL and UCL are very strict on requirements. There are plenty of independent colleges that offer the programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Coffeetime
Where are you looking to do the IFP?! I've noticed KCL and UCL are very strict on requirements. There are plenty of independent colleges that offer the programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked KCL but they're not accepting IB Diploma students. I'm looking forward to QMUL and York.
Original post by Wolfguy
I asked KCL but they're not accepting IB Diploma students. I'm looking forward to QMUL and York.

For the IFP or for your actually degree?
Reply 4
For the IFP or for your actually degree?

for actual degree.
Original post by Wolfguy
for actual degree.

Both of them offer the IFP as well.
Reply 6
Both of them offer the IFP as well.

So York and QMUL both offers IFP and proper LLB degree for the student who already has IB score?
Original post by Wolfguy
So York and QMUL both offers IFP and proper LLB degree for the student who already has IB score?

I don't know about that. I know they offer the IFP. You could contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending