The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Do I buy a Laptop or XBOX One

Hello,

I am considering going to Durham Uni in order to complete a BSc in Computing or a similar course. I have a really good desktop-PC and an iPad.

I have the option to get a decent ultra-book, in order which I might take to lectures to take notes. Or i can get an XBOX ONE with a few games for less money.

I cannot decide what to do because I'm frightened if i get an XBOX ONE then I could need a laptop for UNI.

My main question is if I am studying an IT course would I need my own laptops or would a desktop in the Uni Accommodation be enough with an iPad for lectures.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Just so you know, they don't allow consoles to connect to the internet in the University accommodation. I am a fresher studying computer science at Durham. Personally, I would get neither and just bring your desktop and keep it in your room. During lectures, about a third of people use their laptops for notes, the rest just use pen and paper (including me). During labs, you are working on university computers anyways so you really don't need your own laptop. Furthermore, all files saved on university computers are saved on a network drive which means you can access them from your desktop in your room.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending