The Student Room Group

Should I go for it? o_o

Hi againnn~

So this post is kinda out of curiosity...

Right now, I'm currently pursuing medicine for uni (IKR OAO big shocker there~) and recently I've been having second thoughts. Well not thoughts of my interests (this has been my dream since like... FOREVAAAA)...This is more like based on how capable I will be as a doctor. Unlike some outrageously intelligent creatures e.e... I'm the type of person with decent grades, moderately active at school and someone laid back (to all you otakus WOOO ANIME!) Just recently got my GCE O level grades and I was... ok with it...its not awesome but in the same time it ain't wayyy down there. I'm more active at school now and have been trying to do well in my studies but sometimes I can't seem to persuade myself if I'm "med student material". I'm just another normal high school girl...neither a prodigy nor a genius. Need some advice to be self assured... especially since medicine has been EXTREMELY competitive recently...should medicine be the one for me?
Original post by SkyeOtaku
Hi againnn~

So this post is kinda out of curiosity...

Right now, I'm currently pursuing medicine for uni (IKR OAO big shocker there~) and recently I've been having second thoughts. Well not thoughts of my interests (this has been my dream since like... FOREVAAAA)...This is more like based on how capable I will be as a doctor. Unlike some outrageously intelligent creatures e.e... I'm the type of person with decent grades, moderately active at school and someone laid back (to all you otakus WOOO ANIME!) Just recently got my GCE O level grades and I was... ok with it...its not awesome but in the same time it ain't wayyy down there. I'm more active at school now and have been trying to do well in my studies but sometimes I can't seem to persuade myself if I'm "med student material". I'm just another normal high school girl...neither a prodigy nor a genius. Need some advice to be self assured... especially since medicine has been EXTREMELY competitive recently...should medicine be the one for me?

What are your GCSE grades? We'll have no way of knowing how good your chance is until you get your AS results, but GCSEs can give an indicator. You don't need to be a prodigy to go into Medicine, just very, very good.
Reply 2
Hi thx for the reply ^3^ oh and btw i'm taking IB right now ^^
As for my GCE O level scores they are (dun dun DUN):

Biology: A*
English as first language: A*
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
D mathematics: A
Geography: A
Mandarin as foreign language (IGCSE): A

Quick Reply

Latest