Turn on thread page Beta

this girl I am am friends with has eating issues, any suggestions? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently befriended this really hot, nice girl but was amazed to find out she doesnt like herself and is bulimic sometimes, like this girl is super hot and doesnt need to be like this anyone know how to make her realize that?

ReputationRep:
    Give her a pizza

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I recently befriended this really hot, nice girl but was amazed to find out she doesnt like herself and is bulimic sometimes, like this girl is super hot and doesnt need to be like this anyone know how to make her realize that?
    Her teeth will rot. Tell her that ... see if it helps.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its more of a psycological thing?

ReputationRep:
    tbh there isnt anything u can say that will make her see it. you just gotta be her friend, reassure her and be there when she needs you.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her if she ever went to an arabic country she'd be considered mingin'

No no I'm kidding. Honestly there is nothing you can really do but be there for her and tell her how gorgeous she is.

Shag her? maybe that might help?

ReputationRep:
    do her parents know that she is bulimic? Bulimia is a serious eating disorder and she should get help immediately!
    Here are some of the medical complications with bulimia:
    Erosion of tooth enamel because of repeated exposure to acidic gastric contents.
    Dental cavities, sensitivity to hot or cold food.
    Swelling and soreness in the salivary glands (from repeated vomiting).
    Stomach Ulcers.
    Ruptures of the stomach and esophagus.
    Abnormal buildup of fluid in the intestines.
    Disruption in the normal bowel release function.
    Electrolyte imbalance.
    Dehydration
    Irregular heartbeat and in severe cases heart attack
    A greater risk for suicidal behavior
    Decrease in libido

Do u know how long she has been bulimic?

ReputationRep:
    I just read that 10% of individuals suffering from bulimia will die from either starvation, cardiac arrest, other medical complications, or suicide.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.