HintChoc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Has anyone done this ? Is it good ? Where can it get you ? is it accepted by uni's ? where are you know ? What type of stuff do you do ?

Thanks
GingerFilm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I studied Creative Media Production (Level 3 Extended Diploma) and can honestly say it is better than A level (if you are definitely interested in pursuing the subject). It is accepted by Universities, I applied for: Westminster, Bournemouth, UCA Farnham, LCC and Ravensbourne.

The units for this BTEC do depend on your College and tutor expertise but you can expect a 50/50 divide of theory and practical. Despite popular belief it is hard work and you need to be motivated! I left my College with a D*D*D* and am currently studying a fast track course at Ravensbourne.

Hope this sort of helps... Any questions let me know
Ravensbourne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi HintChoc,

I am currently a student at Ravensbourne University and also a moderator for our student rooms forum.

At Ravensbourne, we have a range of foundation courses you might be interested in. They are one year long and free for those under 19. Foundations students usually go on to undergrad courses in there field of study after completion.

You can find a list of our foundation and access courses on the link below:

http://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/courses/foundation-and-access-diplomas-2015-2016/

Hope this helps.

Thank you
HintChoc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by GingerFilm)
I studied Creative Media Production (Level 3 Extended Diploma) and can honestly say it is better than A level (if you are definitely interested in pursuing the subject). It is accepted by Universities, I applied for: Westminster, Bournemouth, UCA Farnham, LCC and Ravensbourne.

The units for this BTEC do depend on your College and tutor expertise but you can expect a 50/50 divide of theory and practical. Despite popular belief it is hard work and you need to be motivated! I left my College with a D*D*D* and am currently studying a fast track course at Ravensbourne.

Hope this sort of helps... Any questions let me know
Thanks Soooo MUCH !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (20)
22.99%
Unconditional if firmed (4)
4.6%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (1)
1.15%
No unconditional offers (62)
71.26%

Watched Threads