Chemical Engineering - Should I mention that I watch online lectures on educator.com? Watch

TmGee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I see everyone is writing how they enjoyed reading that book etc., unfortunately I didn't read any chemistry books that I could mention in my PS, but i do have an account at educator.com where I regularly watch chemistry and calculus lectures.

What impression will it make if I include this in my PS? Is it as valuable as reading books? Also, could you give me a hint how to phrase the part where I mention these things? I'm not Shakespeare when it's about writing essays in English.

Many thanks for your help
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TmGee)
I see everyone is writing how they enjoyed reading that book etc., unfortunately I didn't read any chemistry books that I could mention in my PS, but i do have an account at educator.com where I regularly watch chemistry and calculus lectures.

What impression will it make if I include this in my PS? Is it as valuable as reading books? Also, could you give me a hint how to phrase the part where I mention these things? I'm not Shakespeare when it's about writing essays in English.

Tbh it's not particularly what you read/watch but how you talk about it. I don't know that website, but as long as there is some academic content, then those lectures seem really good Just talk about why they have interested you, in relation to chemical engineering.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TmGee)

For a PS for a STEM subject, your writing style just needs to be clear and concise. Don't worry too much about how to phrase things. So long as you're writing in a formal style and easy to understand, the content is more important.

With something like this, I would probably pick 1-2 lectures that you enjoyed the most and talk about them. If you want more content for your PS, you could also try to find an interesting article relating to your subject to talk about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.63%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.88%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (135)
16.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (245)
30.63%

Watched Threads