The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Am I making the right decision?

Hello :smile:

I achieved a little worse than expected at AS. I got BCC. Though my Cs were very high (both 2 UMS from a B), My B was a mid B. I have been predicted BBB although I hoped to be predicted ABB :frown:

I am planning on applying to:

Manchester(ABB)
Leicester (ABB)
Keele (BBB)
Brighton(BBB)
Portsmouth(BBC)

Do you think these are a good set of university choices? Or would you say this is too high? Do I stand a chance? I am planning on studying Geology, I don't know if this would be seen as a competitive course. Please help. Thanks!
Original post by danimorais
Hello :smile:

I achieved a little worse than expected at AS. I got BCC. Though my Cs were very high (both 2 UMS from a B), My B was a mid B. I have been predicted BBB although I hoped to be predicted ABB :frown:

I am planning on applying to:

Manchester(ABB)
Leicester (ABB)
Keele (BBB)
Brighton(BBB)
Portsmouth(BBC)

Do you think these are a good set of university choices? Or would you say this is too high? Do I stand a chance? I am planning on studying Geology, I don't know if this would be seen as a competitive course. Please help. Thanks!

I think that's a good choice. Considering the reforms lowered many people's grades, predictions will mean a lot more. There is also the fact that most universities look at predictions and give you an offer based on them. I think applying to two universities above your predicted grade may be a bit optimistic, though.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CantonHero
I think that's a good choice. Considering the reforms lowered many people's grades, predictions will mean a lot more. There is also the fact that most universities look at predictions and give you an offer based on them. I think applying to two universities above your predicted grade may be a bit optimistic, though.

So what kind of unis would you recommend? How many ABB/BBB/BBC/BCC etc?
Original post by danimorais

Manchester(ABB)
Leicester (ABB)

These two are certainly two very good choices. Ultimately, the decision is yours. If you prefer Leicester for the social side/your course, go for it. If you prefer Manchester for the same reasons, go for it.
They are great universities.
Your A Level grades are not amazing nor are they inadequate; they are satisfactory to apply for some great universities.
Leicester & Manchester I've heard are adequate universities.
In fact, Leicester is a university I'm planning to go to in the future.
Reply 5
Original post by inachigeek21
They are great universities.
Your A Level grades are not amazing nor are they inadequate; they are satisfactory to apply for some great universities.
Leicester & Manchester I've heard are adequate universities.
In fact, Leicester is a university I'm planning to go to in the future.

Thanks. I know my grades aren't good and that I could've done so much better. Would you say applying for both Manchester and Leicester is too risky? All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending