Anyone an expert in Barcelona football tickets? Watch

_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can anyone help me out? I'm going to Spain on Saturday 18th October. I want to watch the Ajax game with one other person. How do I go about buying tickets if they're not available before I get to Spain? Also, when I choose two seats next to each other, it shows up as seat 023 and seat 025 for example. None of the seats are next to each other despite them being next to each other on the graphic view. Why is this? And do you think the person in the middle will allow me to swap seats with them?*
Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How are you choosing two seats on the club site but then asking what to do if they aren't available? Surely if you're doing that they are so just buy them lol? I don't understand. Also didn't you ask about this before but for a different match?

You will get one outside the ground on the day of the match. That is what I would do, and have done it before for other European Cup matches (not Barca but can't see this being difficult at all).

(Original post by qua)
x
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
How are you choosing two seats on the club site but then asking what to do if they aren't available? Surely if you're doing that they are so just buy them lol? I don't understand. Also didn't you ask about this before but for a different match?

You will get one outside the ground on the day of the match. That is what I would do, and have done it before for other European Cup matches (not Barca but can't see this being difficult at all).
I did ask before but ended up rearranging holiday. Also, I didn't get any helpful answers.

And the seats, I've been checking on the Eibar game on how the system works in regards to selecting seats and that's what happens. I don't want to wait till the day just because I don't want to have to worry about whether we'll be able to sit in a good place etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You did get helpful answers

Understandable if you don't want to wait but I can almost guarantee you'll get a ticket.

I don't know why people panic over this, you're going there anyway it's not as if you're traveling specifically for that.
Vae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The ticket numbers are always like this. It's to do with the seat numbering at the Camp Nou, you have even numbers on one and odd numbers on the other side of the gates in one block. So if you book 2 seats that are shown as being next to each other on the graphic and end in 3 and 5, or 2 and 4 etc, it means you'll be sitting together. In general though, swapping places is no problem and something you might have to do anyway as finding places together for bigger games like this is relatively difficult.

Tickets for the Ajax game are already available and on sale, so not sure what you mean? Just go to the club website, click on tickets > football tickets and then on 'start purchasing' next to the Ajax game. Buying tickets in Barcelona is no problem, you can buy them anywhere in the city, either in one of the FCB shops ('FCBotiga', there's e.g. one at the Plaça de Catalunya), at the tourist information points or in the CN ticket offices. As we said in the previous thread, buying the tickets in Barcelona is often easier as by then some of the season tickets holders' seats will be free, so the chances to get places together are bigger, plus it tends to be cheaper. It's really no problem to wait until then, unless it's a clásico or a CL semi you can always get tickets on the day.

You find all this info on the club website though, so perhaps just take a look there.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by qua)
The ticket numbers are always like this. It's to do with the seat numbering at the Camp Nou, you have even numbers on one and odd numbers on the other side of the gates in one block. So if you book 2 seats that are shown as being next to each other on the graphic and end in 3 and 5, or 2 and 4 etc, it means you'll be sitting together. In general though, swapping places is no problem and something you might have to do anyway as finding places together for bigger games like this is relatively difficult.

Tickets for the Ajax game are already available and on sale, so not sure what you mean? Just go to the club website, click on tickets > football tickets and then on 'start purchasing' next to the Ajax game. Buying tickets in Barcelona is no problem, you can buy them anywhere in the city, either in one of the FCB shops ('FCBotiga', there's e.g. one at the Plaça de Catalunya), at the tourist information points or in the CN ticket offices. As we said in the previous thread, buying the tickets in Barcelona is often easier as by then some of the season tickets holders' seats will be free, so the chances to get places together are bigger, plus it tends to be cheaper. It's really no problem to wait until then, unless it's a clásico or a CL semi you can always get tickets on the day.

You find all this info on the club website though, so perhaps just take a look there.
Thank you.

What I meant by the tickets not being available is that there aren't any together, there is only a few scattered around and I'd rather have my tickets prepared before I go on Saturday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
You did get helpful answers

Understandable if you don't want to wait but I can almost guarantee you'll get a ticket.

I don't know why people panic over this, you're going there anyway it's not as if you're traveling specifically for that.
I actually am specifically going for the Ajax game though hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
try and sit near the Ajax boys if you actually want an atmosphere....
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
I actually am specifically going for the Ajax game though hahaha
OK cool, usually people don't stay for 4+ days when they do aways so that's why I assumed you weren't going there just for the match.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zürich)
try and sit near the Ajax boys if you actually want an atmosphere....
I'm okay thanks, I know barca fans aren't the loudest and I don't mind that

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
OK cool, usually people don't stay for 4+ days when they do aways so that's why I assumed you weren't going there just for the match.
Yeah, fair point. I'm going for 5 days. Is there anything else you might recommend that's worth doing on the other days? I might create a separate thread for this actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wait an arsenal fan criticizing atmosphere ? :erm:
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Malevolent)
Wait an arsenal fan criticizing atmosphere ? :rofl:
LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
Yeah, fair point. I'm going for 5 days. Is there anything else you might recommend that's worth doing on the other days? I might create a separate thread for this actually.
Learn a few words of Spanish if you don't already speak it and take in the culture. Eat as much local food as you can bro. That's what I would do.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Head down to the beach by the marina at around 10pm with some booze(ideally also some cannabis) and there'll be loads of Spanish people having the pre-lash, quite easy to get chatting to people and quite a laugh really. Loads of girls too and they quite like the English boys so long as you dont go full Danny Dyer on them. And even he'd be in with a chance so long as he brought some Sangria

'Papillion bar' opens at 2am and fills up with some interesting people. Loads of little after hours bars that are fun dotted around the old town. Very hard to find even sober though.

Also watch out for the gypsy pickpocketers, absolutely everywhere. Literally was booting them out of the way when I was there

Finally even though the streets stink of piss, dont piss on the street because the cops will fine you for that and are probably on commission based on how many gringos they can nab. Not that I was ever fined for doing that on Las Ramblas or anything though...
Vae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
Thank you.

What I meant by the tickets not being available is that there aren't any together, there is only a few scattered around and I'd rather have my tickets prepared before I go on Saturday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's always a problem for bigger games, but the availability can change by the hour so if you really want 2 seats together you should check several times a day, if there's nothing now you might have luck later. If you don't find anything, then you might just want to look out for 2 seats that are close and then try to swap places. Depending on what area you buy tickets for, the season ticket holders don't mind swapping places at all. Alternatively, if you don't want to compromise, then waiting and buying tickets in Barcelona might be the better solution as by then more seats will be freed and thus there's a better chance to get 2 seats next to each other, in fact that shouldn't be a problem at all. On the other hand, you might not be able to sit in your preferred area then. So you might have to compromise either way.

About atmosphere, the best place to sit is probably near the Almogavers area at the Gol Sud, although it doesn't have the best view compared with the Lateral area for example. The lower tiers of the Lateral are good and quite lively as well, plus offer the best view.

Depending on where you stay, you'll most likely need to use the metro to get to the Camp Nou (unless you're staying closeby, otherwise you'd need to use it to get into the 'city'). Since you're staying longer than just 2 days, the cheapest/best way to use the metro etc for tourists is to get a T10 ticket, which is about €10, is valid for 10 journeys and can be bought from the ticket machines in the metro stations. That will also give you a bit more freedom to get from one place to another. Of course you can get one way tickets for a lower fee, but since you will probably use the metro a fair bit the T10 ticket is probably the overall cheaper (and more comfortable) option.

About what to see, it depends a lot on what you're interested in doing, whether you've been to Bcn before and where you're staying, which is probably somewhere near the old town. You probably know about the cliché landmarks (Montjuïc, Sagrada Familia etc), which are all relatively close to the Ciuta Vella/Ramblas area, so you should just pick what's most interesting to you. Barceloneta has the beach area, harbours and one relatively big street where you'll meet a lot of tourists, but other than that, it's quite authentic & quiet, cleaner than other districts, with relatively few tourists and mostly students or residents living there. It's also the best place to go to for authentic & sea food. The Born area is quite bohemian, artsy and relatively authentic as well, has loads of good tapas bars if you're into that. The Ramblas are the hot spot of the city, overcrowded with actually little to see other than overpriced restaurants and relatively dirty/dangerous at night, but it's a good point to start to reach the biggest districts/landmarks and there are quite a few more 'hidden' places on the way that might be worth seeing. I wouldn't reccommend spending a lot of time there and especially not to eat there, which a lot of tourists too, as it's mostly overpriced/microwaved, but there's e.g. the Plaça Reial, close to the Mercat de la Boqueria, which has quite a few good but relatively cheap bars/restaturants and good, less hectic atmosphere.

As for football-related things, there's obviously the Camp Nou/museum tour, which you might be interested in if you like Barça or just wanna get to know more about the role of football in Catalonian history. Tickets for that also give you free entrance to the Barça B games. There's one on Sunday, against Alcorcón, so if you want to see some of the youngsters, that's worth going to. Without the Camp Nou tour tickets, tickets for the B games are €5-14, so quite affordable; they can be bought in the ticket offices. Otherwise there's of course Espanyol, but they're playing away in Madrid next weekend.

Finally, especially in the more quiet areas, people won't know a lot of English, so learning a few words in Castellano or Catalan (if you don't already) might come in very handy. Generally, people will be more friendly if you speak Catalan, so if you do learn a few words, might as well do it in Catalan. It's probably even easier for English speakers to learn, as it has more 'natural-sounding' word endings and less grammar mistake traps. So, for starters, bon dia instead of buenos días, adéu insead of adiós etc.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
Thanks for all your input guys. A few things to note:
I'm admittedly not too knowledgeable in regards to landmarks in the city. However, I ask you to not recommend I sightsee as I will be doing that anyway.
Also, are there any amazing seafood places around Camp Nou?
I'm also not interested in drinking or partying. I'm more interested in a family friendly holiday, I should have made that more clear earlier.
In terms of the Barca B game, is it a ticket for the Museum or the tour that I need to buy to get the free Barca B game? And how much is that ticket?
Are there any ACTIVITIES that we could do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZSHNZ)
In terms of the Barca B game, is it a ticket for the Museum or the tour that I need to buy to get the free Barca B game? And how much is that ticket?
The tour ("camp nou experience") includes the museum and the stadium, tickets are €23 per person and you can use these to go to the B games. Go to the club website > tour and you can buy the tickets from there. (It doesn't say that about the B games on the website, however, it should read on your ticket.) The tickets are valid for any date, so you can go wherever you want; the tour is normally closed on matchdays however, so you should not go on Tuesday (but check the website to make sure, they usually post info about the opening times on the day).

Since you'll be going to a match and see the stadium anyway, I don't know if you still want to do the tour for that price. The museum is worth having a look at either way though, so if you're interested in Barça or just Spanish football history in general, I'd recommend it. Plus, this allows you to see la Masia (which is nearly impossible to do on match days) and (if you go before Tuesday) already have a look around to see where your seats are, where the gate is etc (since a lot of the tourists seem to get lost or take the wrong metro etc).

If you don't wanna do the tour, the tickets for the game can be bought from the ticket offices. They are between €5 and €14 depending on where you want to sit, but since the attendance is so low you can just get a ticket for €5 and choose the best available seat. The Alcorcón game is on Sunday, 9pm (and it's in the Mini Estadi, next to the CN).

Also, are there any amazing seafood places around Camp Nou?
Not really. There are some cheap paella restaurants, but those are more fast food style. The best seafood places are in Barceloneta (in the centre, not at the beach), e.g. the Can Ramonet restaurant, which is one of the oldest in the city and has loads of different paellas as well as other traditional Catalan (sea)food. Alternatively, there are several good seafood restaurants inside the Boqueria market at the Ramblas or just on the other side of the street at the Plaça Reial (as I already mentioned), those should be cheaper.

As for places near the Camp Nou, there are several (tapas) bars, some of which are traditional Barça bars, e.g. the La Jarra. You can drink there but don't have to, they have tapas so if you just wanna experience some local football atmosphere before the game, it's a good place to go.

Are there any ACTIVITIES that we could do?
Depends on how you define activities, but the standard touristy but non-sightseeing, non-partying and non-nightlife activities you can do is take a trip to the Montserrat, go to the Montjuïc or take a walk around the Parc Güell. Trips to the Montserrat probably take between half a day and a full day, depending on how much time you wanna spend there, and can be booked from several places all over town. Google will tell you more. You can climb the Montjuïc by foot (ideally starting from the Pl de Espanya) or take a sky train/metro; there are several things you can do up there (there's e.g. the Olympic complex or the castle) but most people, esp locals, just go there to have a view of the city, hike or just relax. As for the Parc Güell, there are two parts, the first consists of botanical gardens, the second is the Gaudí complex with his architecture and sculptures. There are usually quite a few musicians performing there. It's on one of the hills so offers a good view of the city and coast and is good to spend a day (or half of it) in a more relaxing manner without missing some of the cliché culture.

Then there are more beach-related things you can do, e.g. diving, boat trips around the harbours or the coast, etc. I guess there's loads of tourist info about these things, both on the web and in the tourist info points. Imo the best thing to do if you can't decide is probably just to discover the city by foot. If you start at las Ramblas you can easily reach the most interesting districts without much guidance and just have a look at whatever interests you.
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could go with Zurich and get talking to a second choice keeper who ****s off the club's best players. All while on the blob of course.
_Dreamville_
Rep:
?
Okay guys, I have bought my tickets 😀😀😀 does anyone know what I have to take with me (apart from my self-printed ticket, of course) as it doesn't explicitly say it anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (243)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (57)
12.67%
20-25 years old (yes) (74)
16.44%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.33%