The Student Room Group

Why does the common man vote for the Tories?

I feel this belongs here and not over in UK politics as I'm directing this thread at the "common man" and not really people interested in politics.

I'll let what this vile piece of ****, the Tory welfare minister, Lord Freud said do all the talking:

“You make a really good point about the disabled. Now I had not thought through, and we have not got a system for, you know, kind of going below the minimum wage ... I know exactly what you mean, where actually as you say they’re not worth the full wage and actually I’m going to go and think about that particular issue ... whether there is something we can do nationally ... which if someone wants to work for £2 an hour ...”
Reply 1
Very little alternative, you either vote for Labour and get ****ing Milliband in or go for a more unorthodox approach which will in the end be pointless as they won't get a majority. So it's basically a choice between Labor and Tory, and anyone with a brain can make this decision.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BBeyond
Very little alternative, you either vote for Labor and get ****ing Milliband in or go for a more unorthodox approach which will in the end be pointless as they won't get a majority. So it's basically a choice between Labor and Tory, and anyone with a brain can make this decision.

There are plenty of other parties you can vote for. Besides, even if it were between Labour and the Tories, and you viewed Labour as inept... I'd take inept over classit vile scum any day of the week.
Reply 3
Original post by TheGuyReturns
There are plenty of other parties you can vote for. Besides, even if it were between Labour and the Tories, and you viewed Labour as inept... I'd take inept over classit vile scum any day of the week.

Not really. A vote for UKIP is just a vote for Labour, and a vote for any other party has no effect.-
The major parties really are not that different from each other.

I never really understand why people get so fiercely party-political. The parties will change their views and opinions to help themselves gain power.
I hate the Tories, but I don't think you can really use this as an argument against them. This is one person saying this in private, it's hardly a statement released by the party. All parties have dodgy members.
I feel this belongs here and not over in UK politics as I'm directing this thread at the "common man" and not really people interested in politics.

I'll let what this vile piece of ****, the Tory welfare minister, Lord Freud said do all the talking:

“You make a really good point about the disabled. Now I had not thought through, and we have not got a system for, you know, kind of going below the minimum wage ... I know exactly what you mean, where actually as you say they’re not worth the full wage and actually I’m going to go and think about that particular issue ... whether there is something we can do nationally ... which if someone wants to work for £2 an hour ...”

Because Labour's got a pug-ugly idiot for a leader. Not intelligent, and not even close to photogenic (look at his huge nose and weird lips!).

Plus, I'd never, ever consider voting for Labour. Labour is for the working class. I'm not working class, I'm middle class.
Original post by BBeyond
Not really. A vote for UKIP is just a vote for Labour, and a vote for any other party has no effect.-

That's what D-Cam WANTS you to think. A vote for Ukip is a vote for Ukip---Tory and Ukip will form the next government, mark my words. Maybe it'll be a three-way coalition, even. Tories will do anything not to have a Lie-bour government next year
Because the working class traditionally had one-nation Conservative values. These new neo-liberal lunatics aren't that though.
Every party has insufferable morons. Doesn't make the whole party irrelevant. And Labour is equally as chock full of cretinous fools as the Tories. But the Tories don't want to give all my hard-earned money to the lazy, and supposedly will slow down immigration and have an EU referendum, so I'll go for them tbh.
Original post by Chlorophile
I hate the Tories, but I don't think you can really use this as an argument against them. This is one person saying this in private, it's hardly a statement released by the party. All parties have dodgy members.

Original post by infairverona
Every party has insufferable morons. Doesn't make the whole party irrelevant. And Labour is equally as chock full of cretinous fools as the Tories. But the Tories don't want to give all my hard-earned money to the lazy, and supposedly will slow down immigration and have an EU referendum, so I'll go for them tbh.

Except that he isn't even being sacked: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2793896/miliband-calls-welfare-minister-lord-freud-sacked-saying-disabled-people-not-worth-minimum-wage.html

(I realise the source is the DM, give it a few hours for other papers to make a post.)
Except that he isn't even being sacked: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2793896/miliband-calls-welfare-minister-lord-freud-sacked-saying-disabled-people-not-worth-minimum-wage.html

(I realise the source is the DM, give it a few hours for other papers to make a post.)

Didn't this story only just break? They deserve a bit of time to review what happened, don't they?
One reason is the myth that labour ****ed the economy up by pressing a big red button that says "moronically **** everything up".

Quick Reply

Latest