Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think WW3 is looming?
    What kind of a war do you think it will be?
    When do you think it will start?
    Why will everything kick off?
    Do we need to have a war?
    Are you a bit worried/scared about this?

ReputationRep:
    No
    We would all be screwed - nuclear holocaust
    Never if the leaders are sensible and no rogue nations get nukes
    Some rogue state nukes America
    No
    No because there's f all I can do about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do you think WW3 is looming?
    What kind of a war do you think it will be?
    When do you think it will start?
    Why will everything kick off?
    Do we need to have a war?
    Yes I do.
    A largely conventional war between the West and Islam.
    I think it has.
    Because Islam hates the west and the reverse (though not so yet) will be.
    No.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    Never if the leaders are sensible and no rogue nations get nukes
    Some rogue state nukes America
    Your kinda subconsiuioxly using the "might is right" premise when making that argument. It is fallacious. A bigger country, just by that virtue, isnt neccesarly less rogue than a smaller one. And is it not the case that smaller countries are generally more vulnerable they have more of claim to weapons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Yes I do.
    A largely conventional war between the West and Islam..
    replace "west" by US and "Islam" by Iraqis and we are on full agreement. i dont know about you but iwouldn't really like being brutally occupied, would you?

BTW your sweeping gewneralisations adds nothing to this debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariam Safe)
    replace "west" by US and "Islam" by Iraqis and we are on full agreement. i dont know about you but iwouldn't really like being brutally occupied, would you?

BTW your sweeping gewneralisations adds nothing to this debate
    What do you mean "sweeping generalizations"? I only answered the questions. It's an opinion.

And anyway, what have you added that's so valuable?

And "btw", if you honestly can't envisage what's going on in Iraq becoming a much larger conflict then you have very little imagination.

I'm not even going to bother discussing "brutal occupation" with you.

ReputationRep:
    little subsatance an insults-ridden as per usual

What do you mean "sweeping generalizations"? I only answered the questions. It's an opinion. .
    Because Islam hates the west and the reverse (though not so yet) will be.
    No..
    so it is islam as a religion who "hate" the entire "west". I for one can tell you thats utter rubbish.

And "btw", if you honestly can't envisage what's going on in Iraq becoming a much larger conflict then you have very little imagination.

I'm not even going to bother discussing "brutal occupation" with you.
    whatever

ReputationRep:
    Your kinda subconsiuioxly using the "might is right" premise when making that argument. It is fallacious. A bigger country, just by that virtue, isnt neccesarly less rogue than a smaller one. And is it not the case that smaller countries are generally more vulnerable they have more of claim to weapons?
    When I say rogue states I mean those who are governed by people who do not display the same morals as Western leaders. For example if Iran were to get a nuclear bomb, I would not trust the Ayatollahs to be sensible.
    At the moment, having only a selct few countries with nuclear capabilities is reassuring as the only true threats to Britain and America are nuclear.

ReputationRep:
    little subsatance an insults-ridden as per usual

so it is islam as a religion who "hate" the entire "west". I for one can tell you thats utter rubbish.

whatever
    Still sexually frustrated Mariam?

ReputationRep:
    I think a war between the west and islam is abit too extreme, it is very clear that at the moment we are facing a large threat from small extremist groups of fanatically muslims in the west. The USA is unlikely to be involved in a war like WW2 any time soon unless its against an agressor nation. This is because of the role of the media in dictating politics in the USA. This can be seen in Vietnam where public opinion had a direct impact of the FPand led to America being forced to withdrawl in the end. The problem at the moment is caused by the funding of terrorist groups who have been campaigning against things the USA were for in the past but now given the defeat of previous enemies are looiking for a new one and have lined up the USA. However i dont think that this sort of conflict can escalate to the scale of a world war, because no nation at the end of the day is going to want to support these groups.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think anyone ever NEEDS to have a war, no i dont think its looming, because US/UK dont have any big powerful enemies like russia or china or someone. It would be a nuclear war, It wont start any time soon. What will start it? No idea.

ReputationRep:
    o yes i was watching a show about the bible code, which said a big war would start between israel annd russia, erupting in a world war. But the US, for some reason which it does not give, would have been some how unable to participate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do you think WW3 is looming? Nope
    What kind of a war do you think it will be? it won't happen
    When do you think it will start?Never
    Why will everything kick off? Because some idiot may want to show off
    Do we need to have a war? nope
    Nope, there is no reason for war and it shouldn't happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Nope, there is no reason for war and it shouldn't happen
    wars should never happen but they do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    They've been happenning ever since Og first clubbed Gog over the head with a tree limb. I don't think we can expect them to disappear anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and it has always taken place as some leaders had a certain desire for attacking a particular country overnight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Yes, and it has always taken place as some leaders had a certain desire for attacking a particular country overnight...
    they have happened for stupider reasons than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    When I say rogue states I mean those who are governed by people who do not display the same morals as Western leaders..
    I can understand what you are trying to say but I think it is unfair to dismiss another government just because they don't share the same morals. It is not as if they are inherently evil and will do bad things for the sake of it. No doubt others here will bring up very tired old tripe like rogue states are 'barb Arabic' suffer westophobia, blah blah, blah. Ofcouse there are gross HR concerns but in all fairness theyve just relatively recently been released from the clutches of colonists, and in due time the people WILL perfect their moral standards to levels we in the west enojoy.

For example if Iran were to get a nuclear bomb, I would not trust the Ayatollahs to be sensible.
    My point is that Iranians have more right not to trust Bush than the other way round... both history and recent events clearly shows this and that is why smaller countires have more right to possess means of defending themselves. And after all if Iran does anything against the interests of US it will imeadiatly be crushed.

At the moment, having only a selct few countries with nuclear capabilities is reassuring as the only true threats to Britain and America are nuclear.
    I completely agree. But again, why is it anymore safer Britain and America possessing weapons.

ReputationRep:
    they have happened for stupider reasons than that
    Yeah, like one hung lo.....

ReputationRep:
    Still sexually frustrated Mariam?
    lol at your bitterness!

BTW Are you obese and bald? Or a looking scrawny geek? With a post count like your id say the later. Joined the self help group for perverts yet?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.