The Student Room Group

why are there more attractive girls than attractive boys?

has anyone noticed this/agrees with it? in a room full of 50 people, i feel like i'd generally be able to spot attractive girls far more frequently than equally attractive guys (9s and 10s in both genders).
Are you a heterosexual male? If so, that's probably why.
Reply 2
Original post by Mankytoes
Are you a heterosexual male? If so, that's probably why.

i'm a heterosexual female, so this is a pretty objective view. maybe i just have ridiculously high standards for males, but i seem to see this trend wherever i go!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
has anyone noticed this/agrees with it? in a room full of 50 people, i feel like i'd generally be able to spot attractive girls far more frequently than equally attractive guys (9s and 10s in both genders).

More girls care about their looks than guys. Simple
makeup

/thread
Depends what you think is attractive. People often think clear skin and big breasts= attractive girl
Original post by Greg Jackson
makeup

/thread

On point. Makeup does wonders for women with...beautiful personalities.
Reply 7
Original post by greg jackson
makeup

/thread

#topic closed.
Far easier for an average girl to appear above average with some make-up and flattering clothing.
Original post by Anonymous
i'm a heterosexual female, so this is a pretty objective view. maybe i just have ridiculously high standards for males, but i seem to see this trend wherever i go!

The question is a little confusing. You're talking about a scale that only exists in your head, we all rank people a little differently, and asking us why it goes the way it does. Surely any scale would logically divide up the group by your previous experience- whether dividing people equally, or on a bell curve- so the gender results would be about equal?

I do kind of get what you mean, but as a straight guy, I'd just attribute it to not appreciating male beauty. Like I remember hearing lots of people go on about how Ryan Reynolds is the perfect man, and then when I actually saw what he looked like, I was like "that's what a normal man looks like!".
Reply 10
Says who? xD
Nah, I think there are more relatively attractive men than women.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending