Access to HE Nursing (Anyone applying Or have already?

Watch
LanyD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I am on route to applying for the Access to nursing course and I would generally like to find out what the entry tests are like and what they consist of.

Also can you please tell me what college you are applying to or have already. Thanx.
Emsiej82
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

i am currently doing an access course in Nursing and midwifery, hopefully going to uni next year to do a nursing degree.

Stuggling a bit at the min with the assignments though.

The entry exams were really easy i thought, a few maths and English questions, as long as you read the questions properly it gives you the answer there.

Good luck

Emsiej82
LanyD
Rep:
?
Thanks. what college are u going to?

what categories or maths did they ask? e.g. Fractions, decimals...
Emsiej82
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im going to St Helens college on a distance learning course.

The maths was mainly questions like percentages but pretty easy ones and puting points on a graph.
LanyD
Rep:
?
Hmm, Does anyone know what Kingston university is looking for in a personal statement?

Obviously relevant work experience is crucial and a well worded and structured personal statement is important. Did I miss anything?
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LanyD)
Hmm, Does anyone know what Kingston university is looking for in a personal statement?

Obviously relevant work experience is crucial and a well worded and structured personal statement is important. Did I miss anything?
Hi LandyD,

You've got it right with relevant experience, structure and how it is worded but also let your passion come through. Why do you want to do the degree? What would make you a good nurse? If you have any space left over why not talk about a current topic in nursing or perhaps what you find particularly interesting in the field.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Good Luck!

Chloe
Student Ambassador
LanyD
Rep:
?
Great! Thank you.

I completed the access nursing course in 2012 but did not get far in terms of experience and my personal statement structure. So far I am volunteering and doing further research into nursing.

The reason I did ask about the college admissions test was because I am aware the Access course has changed dramatically and so have a few University's entry requirements.

If I applied for midwifery then, will it affect my chances of getting an offer onto a nursing degree? And would I need to explain this in my personal statement?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
23.03%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.79%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.99%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.19%

Watched Threads