The Student Room Group

Help with BSc Games Design personal statement

Basically heres a quick summery, what else do I need to add?

- Introduction (I state I have experimented at home using software like Blender 3D and Game Maker Studio and I've made a simple 2D 'pong' game)

- I state that I have created a small mod for a game, and that I am interested in creating mods for a few other games

- I talked about my secondary school work experience

- I give examples of when I worked well in a team.

- I give examples of a few of my hobbies are

- I state what I want to do after I have finished this course
(edited 9 years ago)
How long is that intro bit? It seems like it should be the main focus of your PS. Have you read anything about it?
Reply 2
Original post by *Interrobang*
How long is that intro bit? It seems like it should be the main focus of your PS. Have you read anything about it?

I've got 422 characters and 5 lines for my intro. Im not sure how i'd be able to expand the points about me making a game and making simple models in Blender
(edited 9 years ago)
You can talk about what you found interesting and why, what was challenging, what did you have to think about while designing the games, did you think or read about any theories or work of people in the field whom you admire, what are you looking forward to learning more about at uni?
Reply 4
Thanks, that should help me get up to 4000 characters :smile:
Reply 5
Here's what I've got now, i'll summarize the paragraphs :smile: My personal statement is currently at 3,650 characters (with spaces). Do you think I need to do anything like change the order of the paragraphs or add anything?

- Introduction (I state I have experimented at home using software like Blender 3D and Game Maker Studio and I've made a simple 2D 'pong' game)

- I state what I found interesting while using Game Maker Studio

- I state what I found challenging and interesting while using Blender 3D

- I give example of three people currently in the games industry that I aspire to and why I do.

- I state what I am looking forward to while studying at Uni

- I state that I have created a small mod for a game, and that I am interested in creating mods for a few other games

- I talked about my secondary school work experience

- I give examples of when I worked well in a team.

- I give examples of a few of my hobbies are

- I state what I want to do after I have finished this course
(edited 9 years ago)
What is the bit about looking forward to studying at uni about? I'm not sure you need that bit, as it will be implied that what you are interested in is what you want to study. If it's new it's a bit different, but you need to be careful that all your unis do it and not mention module names

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending