Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i would like to start this debate about how the majority of women say they want equal rights then go against it.
    i am a boy and was considering to punch a girl but help back remembering that i would get expelled as she was a girl but if it was a boy we would both get excluded. is it wrong to hit girls if they hit you first??? what if the girl was of a manly build would it still be right???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    i would like to start this debate about how the majority of women say they want equal rights then go against it.
    i am a boy and was considering to punch a girl but help back remembering that i would get expelled as she was a girl but if it was a boy we would both get excluded. is it wrong to hit girls if they hit you first??? what if the girl was of a manly build would it still be right???
    It's wrong to hit anybody. If someone attacks you and is trying to beat you up then it would be ok to punch/kick/slap/hit/whatever really in order for you to get away but if someone hits you once you shouldn't hit them back regardless of whether they're male or female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    there are a number of issues in relation to the 'unequal treatment of men', this is not one. as amb1 points out, being allowed to hit anyone is hardly a right. and what happened to 'being a gentlemen'?

ReputationRep:
    yes indeed, ladies dont hit.

ReputationRep:
    No violence is acceptable, so it is not right to hit anyone, whatever gender they are.
    But i think there is some valid point there, although it is poorly put, as there is alot of bias against males in some issues.
    If you had picked a better one, then there may have been a worthwhile discussion on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    No violence is acceptable, so it is not right to hit anyone, whatever gender they are.
    But i think there is some valid point there, although it is poorly put, as there is alot of bias against males in some issues.
    If you had picked a better one, then there may have been a worthwhile discussion on it.
    A good one (very topical) is maternity vs paternity leave , Female PMT vs Male PMT , needing to stay at home with a sick child.
    Men out with their little girls find it difficult to take them to public lavs (I.e they use the disabled toilets) etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Sister)
    A good one (very topical) is maternity vs paternity leave , Female PMT vs Male PMT , needing to stay at home with a sick child.
    Men out with their little girls find it difficult to take them to public lavs (I.e they use the disabled toilets) etc..
    ...male PMT?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    ...male PMT?!

Some men/doctors have claimed that men suffer from hormone imbalances at certain times of the month because when we are developing in the womb- we our sex is not determined....
    Mind you that was talked about in marie Claire and Tatler!!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you get expelled for hitting a girl on the basis only that she is girl, not that hitting is punished?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    ...male PMT?!
    female boxing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    female boxing?!
    Male netball?

ReputationRep:
    I think the main reason for this difference in punishment is because like it or not the majority of fully developed men are stronger than women. Having been hit by a guy I can tell you that it is hard for a girl to fight back as easily as a guy. I don't think boys should be made to stand by and be attacked they should be able to defend themselves. Violence in any case should be avoided in any situation if at all possible.

ReputationRep:
    well nowadays i dont even bother with them i just laugh in their face and get sarcastic with them if they P*SS me off, they get even more annoyed that i dont get annoyed i even join in with them with they insult me lol they get so P*SSED that i am not insulted its funny to watch lol.
    what things to the boys here do if girls annoy them??? lol

ReputationRep:
    By all means use self-defence with reasonable force, and try not to use excessive force when you've realised you're winning. If I go attacked I would usually go for moves which are basically defensive but can be manipulated for offensive moves. But I'm a martial artist and not everyone will do this. Besides, defence is stronger than offence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    well nowadays i dont even bother with them i just laugh in their face and get sarcastic with them if they P*SS me off, they get even more annoyed that i dont get annoyed i even join in with them with they insult me lol they get so P*SSED that i am not insulted its funny to watch lol.
    what things to the boys here do if girls annoy them??? lol
    They "get even more annoyed that I don't get annoyed"? Judging by that little rant, you do get annoyed, and it's quite likely they don't.

ReputationRep:
    Im a girl and if i hit a guy i would excpect him to hit me back and i would hope we would both get punished because thats whats right

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bloke, and where i am, if a bloke hits a girl for ANY reason, it ain't right. Equal rights is one thing, but men DO NOT hit girls, bottom line. And in my personal opinion, that's how it should be. I can't imagine ever hitting a woman.

ReputationRep:
    I really want a boy to hit me. If a boy doesn't hit me then he's just saying that I'm weaker and inferior to him. Even if I ask them really nicely, no boy will hit me. It's completely stupid. Girls will hit me but not boys. It doesn't even hurt. Don't you think that it's strange how pain is in your mind. You only feel pain if you consent to it. You can even make it pleasure if you try hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    I really want a boy to hit me. If a boy doesn't hit me then he's just saying that I'm weaker and inferior to him. Even if I ask them really nicely, no boy will hit me. It's completely stupid. Girls will hit me but not boys. It doesn't even hurt. Don't you think that it's strange how pain is in your mind. You only feel pain if you consent to it. You can even make it pleasure if you try hard enough.
    Okay. If you're walking down the street tomorrow and out of nowhere, something whacks you in the back of the head, and you wake up 6 hours later in A & E, it was me.

Only kidding. But "I really want a boy to hit me" is a little odd.

ReputationRep:
    In any case, i have noticed some strange things about women. They harp on about equality and stuff. Which is fine, i think it's quite good. But at the end of the day, what i reckon all women want is for a real good man to look after them. It's nothing to be ashamed of to admit girls. I mean, they still want men to open doors, pull out chairs, pay the bill etc. And in my opinion, this is how a real man should behave.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.