The Student Room Group

Had an Needs Assessment - what laptop will I get?

I have had a needs assessment for my hearing impairment and I am recommended the following: Dictaphone, Radio Aid, Laptop, Extra Time In Exams, and Exams in classrooms instead of halls.
I am glad to have a new laptop as the one I have got is on the brink, and I need one to last me for the next 3 years whilst I am at uni! Just wondering what laptop am I likely to get? It will have free Microsoft Software, Software compatible for the Dictaphone, and Anti-virus. I am not 'fussed', but a screen of a size 15" is beneficial as a smaller one will impact on my work as I will strain and get a headache. :s-smilie:
Thank you in advance :tongue:
Reply 1
I've been trying to find out. A friend of mine got a Toshiba i5 15inch 500gb last year.
Reply 2
If you read through some of the other posts on this forum you'll see you don't get allocated make/model, just a specification. Most are known as a DSA-WKH or workhorse laptops and spec can be found on the net. Something like Core i3 processor, 320GB HDD minimum and 4GB RAM with Windows 8.
Core i3 is down on the suppliers list. However, I have to wait for DSA to tell me what supplier I need to get in contact with! Thank you all for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I got a Toshiba laptop with those specs this year. Very good laptop and starts up the software loaded onto mine well! :smile:
Reply 5
I have just been told I will get a Fujitsu A512. I may upgrade to a tablet and keyboard for portability but it depends on how much extra they will charge me!
I was allowed a very basic one for free, but they emailed me a list of upgrades and prices for them. I now have a Sony Vaio which is good.
Original post by smoyea
I have just been told I will get a Fujitsu A512. I may upgrade to a tablet and keyboard for portability but it depends on how much extra they will charge me!

This is what I am getting as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest