The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RainbowVeins
Yeah it should be the last name haha. Although what if there were two Smiths applying to the same course? :wink:

Mine are on school headed paper, but the printer obviously ran out of ink when printing it. Everything looks light grey, even my name looks unclear :unimpressed:

That's what I was thinking, chances are low someone has the same second name, applying to same course and college, but what if xD I don't want to be mistaken for someone else (unless they have better grades then I might consider it :P).
Reply 41
So those who received forms are those who applied to Jesus, Kings and Queens. Any other college i missed?
Original post by Elcor
For the SAQ picture, what was your facial expression? Slight smile? Dead pan? Cheesy grin? I know that picture is used throughout the course for ID cards and stuff.

i've heard of some who din like their initial photos so they lost their ID cards and purpose and manage to take a new photo. is that even possible?
Original post by jneill
Great stuff! But what's the difference between "Stalking Page Google Document" and "Safer Stalking Page" and the stalking thread page??

One was through an online form so no one can edit.

One is a free to edit one.

One is a thread someone's editing themselves

Original post by RainbowVeins
I should probably post it before that then :tongue: Thanks bro!

Haha yeah
Original post by paradoxicalme
That'd be good :smile:

Okay, I'll post it over.

Won't copy the spoiler content. :colonhash:
Original post by Elcor
For the SAQ picture, what was your facial expression? Slight smile? Dead pan? Cheesy grin? I know that picture is used throughout the course for ID cards and stuff.

Smile with teeth and everything lol
(edited 9 years ago)
There should be an upload your SAQ photo thread. Although mine was exceedingly plain and boring.
Original post by geodawson
There should be an upload your SAQ photo thread. Although mine was exceedingly plain and boring.

Ooooh

That's a funny idea

Who'd actually post theirs though?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ooooh

That's a funny idea

Who'd actually post theirs though?

Hahaha I have no qualms with posting mine, but as I said, nothing special.

I actually regret not doing something more original with mine or putting more effort into it considering it could possibly maybe be my student ID card photo for the next 4 years...
Reply 47
Original post by TJLJT
So those who received forms are those who applied to Jesus, Kings and Queens. Any other college i missed?

Fitz:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TJLJT

Trinity!
SAQ question: when it asks you about class sizes, what do you do if you had different class sizes for each topic? In maths I had a different sized core and stats class
Also, for that section do you put maths and further maths as the same ones, like you do in the unit module questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mini-Me
SAQ question: when it asks you about class sizes, what do you do if you had different class sizes for each topic? In maths I had a different sized core and stats class
Also, for that section do you put maths and further maths as the same ones, like you do in the unit module questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ngl I don't really remember my class sizes.... I've put estimates to the best of my ability that could probably be wrong by +/- 2
Original post by Mini-Me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless one is significantly bigger/smaller than the other just put an average. If one has 5, and the other 15 then that's quite significant but if they are 7 and 10 just put somewhere between the two. I think it's more so they can get an indication of how long the teacher can spend with individual pupils, so +-2 or 3 isn't going to give them a wrong impression at all.

You put maths and further maths as the same one on the qualifications section (or at least I think it was that section), you'll know when you come to it :smile:
Original post by Elcor

Oh no....Mine is hideous, I was so impatient that I just took one really quickly - didn't know it would be another passport photo situation that I'll be cringing at for years :biggrin:
Reply 53

Original post by AlphaMariMo
Trinity!

Oh wow! Any others that u know?
Original post by TJLJT
Oh wow! Any others that u know?

Christ's
Original post by Elcor

I have quite a neutral expression in mine, but I made sure I used one I like as you never know when a bad photo could come back to haunt you :P
Reply 56
For the question where you say how you kept up your interest outside of college, do you have to do that if you have allready discussed that on your ucas personal statment, and if you do is it ok to just copy and paste it from your statment
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ro6278
For the question where you say how you kept up your interest outside of college, do you have to do that if you have allready discussed that on your ucas personal statment, and if you do is it ok to just copy and paste it from your statment

You can leave the response box empty. If you have already discussed it in your PS, I wouldn't put anything unless you have something else to add. They're going to read your PS as well as the answers to the other questions.
Reply 58
Original post by M1llward
Seriously what do we write for the SAQ D: I have had literally no difficulties in my education and my family have been going to university inc oxbridge for generations... There is nothing at all I can write in there that I can see helping me and I have received no information from anyone for what is expected.
Im beginning to panic, will it look awful if I write nothing!?! I don't even have anything to say in my extra PS section.

My careers advisor said that writing nothing at all isn't bad! Not sure if that's true but hey ho. I'm not going to write anything so hopefully it'll be alright :smile:
Reply 59
Managed to submit my application on Wednesday. Totally followed the UCAS recommendation of sending your application well before the deadline :biggrin:. Ive gotten so many emails from the unis already...starting to stress Im not good enough. It was bit of a surprise that King's demands me to sit a test there! Whoops. Should have read the details more carefully. Well, I guess that when you have a small class, an interview, a small test and send two essays it is a bit less bad if for example the interview wouldnt be that good but the others were.

But hey, sooooo excited! Btw, I used my passport photo. I look smashing in it.

Latest

Trending

Trending