Ocr gateway Additional science Tips for an A or A* Watch

Rockyboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey so i 'm taking the additional science and i need to achieve at least an A so that i can take physics for my A levels. The entry requirement to take physics is to get an A in additional science .Does anyone have any revision notes or tips to get an A or A*. Please. Thank you in advance to every one who helps me.
Raza10101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
know how to answer questions from the mark scheme,

its only key words that count in your marks

e.g if you were asked about how the velocity and acceleration differs from a man falling off a plane:

the word "terminal velocity" = 1 mark

something along the lines of "gravity intitially higher than air resistance"

you know what i mean

and do lots of past papers

i got an A for Additional and core physics at gcse,
KaptainCliff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rockyboy)
Hey so i 'm taking the additional science and i need to achieve at least an A so that i can take physics for my A levels. The entry requirement to take physics is to get an A in additional science .Does anyone have any revision notes or tips to get an A or A*. Please. Thank you in advance to every one who helps me.
When I did additional science GCSE, one of the thing I found very helpful was the revision guide that OCR produce. I think it's about £10 and covers all of the modules. The day before each exam, I spent about six hours going through the entire syllabus and doing (hard) past paper questions.

I ended up with an A* for Additional Science (100% marks for two of the exams), and I've just finished Physics AS with an A.

One of the things I'd suggest you work on is the six mark questions - you should get 6/6 all the time if you want an A*.

If you intend to do OCR Physics A level, another very useful thing to do in preparation is to make sure you know the circuits module (P5 if I remember) like the back of you're hand!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Addie16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely past papers (if you run out use exam boards that cover similar modules). Time yourself doing them and mark them harshly - the examiner you get might be really strict.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise