lack of cfe higher books

Watch this thread
majorca12
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I cant help but complain about how long the new success guides and study books are taking to come out for the new scottish curriculum for excellence higher courses! Dont get me wrong some are out which is fab but most of my course choices are not out for agws! One in particular is not due out until a month till the exam! Nonsense. Also past paper books are not out till after my prelims which is incredibly frustrating!! Doed anyone have any recommeneded revision sites for any of the following subjects : higher business managment, higher maths, higher english, higher geography and higher modern studies.
greenladybird
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
And this is exactly what's wrong with the changes.

I only took maths and english out of those.
I didn't use any revision sites for english apart from random quizzes on my texts.
For maths the course is, I believe, to be the same as the old higher, just a different exam format so you should be able to use any resources for higher maths - there's some links floating around somewhere I'm pretty sure, you could check some of the higher maths threads?
I didn't take geography past standard grade but I remember I used a site called scalloway if that's still around? I think there was a section for higher on there.
BBC Bitesize will probably have something up for CfE Highers as well.
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Doesnt your teacher give out notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
majorca12
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Not really no! They give us out books to use in class but do not let us take them home. Therefore we have nothing to study with at home!! Aswell as this they also do not give us a chance to copy out information and examples they just make us answer questions which gives me nothing yo rfer back to when it comes to examinations and prelims.
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by majorca12)
Not really no! They give us out books to use in class but do not let us take them home. Therefore we have nothing to study with at home!! Aswell as this they also do not give us a chance to copy out information and examples they just make us answer questions which gives me nothing yo rfer back to when it comes to examinations and prelims.
Have you tried the old higher books?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.17%
The paper was reasonable (178)
38.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.54%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.09%

Watched Threads