Teaching degree- Declaration of Health questionnaire

Watch
_h_29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am applying for BA primary education (2015 start) and may be asked to complete a Health questionnaire. However, last year June, I was diagnosed with depression (was feeling suicidal with anxiety) ...took anti-d meds for two weeks then threw them away.. I have been fine since and just improved on my own.. will universities not accept me now due to this? Even though I am fine now, What if they think I am not fit to teach?
Pixsoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by _h_29)
I am applying for BA primary education (2015 start) and may be asked to complete a Health questionnaire. However, last year June, I was diagnosed with depression (was feeling suicidal with anxiety) ...took anti-d meds for two weeks then threw them away.. I have been fine since and just improved on my own.. will universities not accept me now due to this? Even though I am fine now, What if they think I am not fit to teach?
It will be fine. When you fill in the application form, they may contact you for more information (although there should be space on the form for you to leave additional comments, where you can say that it was a brief period, has not reoccurred, etc.) but in a lot of cases it is just a quick phone call. They may ask you to go in and speak to them, but it shouldn't be anything to worry about - they will just want to make sure that you will be able to cope with the course etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads