Report Thread starter 4 years ago
deleted
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RetroFeel///VCR)
If this site represents the amount of people who are actually Islamophobic in this country, then that's pretty worrying. Do you honestly believe this hostility is going to help?

Do you Islamophobes get in a rage every time you see some a man walking down the street with a turban on or a woman wearing a veil? If you do then it's pretty sad.

Islam is a vast religion with loads of different denominations. The difference between a Sunni and a Sikh is massive. To generalize about all Muslims is ridiculous and incredibly ignorant.

Muslims sometimes do bad things? Wow. So does everyone. Get over it.

This was conveniently on my Facebook earlier. I think you'll find very few "Islamophobes" are solely against Islam. Most are against religion in general
Attached files
Dima-Blackburn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait...what? Since when were Sikhs classified as Muslims?!
391iady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If this site represents the amount of people who are actually Islamophobic in this country, then that's pretty worrying. Do you honestly believe this hostility is going to help?

Do you Islamophobes get in a rage every time you see some a man walking down the street with a turban on or a woman wearing a veil? If you do then it's pretty sad.

Islam is a vast religion with loads of different denominations. The difference between a Sunni and a Sikh is massive. To generalize about all Muslims is ridiculous and incredibly ignorant.

Sunni and a Sikh? Since when where Sikhs muslims?
tomfailinghelp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AdamCee)
This was conveniently on my Facebook earlier. I think you'll find very few "Islamophobes" are solely against Islam. Most are against religion in general
This, essentially.

What you describe as 'Islamophobia' is simply criticism of Islam. The benefit of this is that it becomes more obvious how destructive and retrogressive an ideology it is.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When are muslims going to stop going backwards rather than forward?!

You know it doesn't help the rest of society right.
MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The difference between a Sunni and a Sikh is massive.
Indeed, two different religions for one.
ZaynahM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you can be against a religion, but when it starts to infringe on racism, e.g. the brown person getting attacked for being a 'terrorist' or being called a p**i terrorist because they 'look' muslim, or racial profiling happening because, again, they 'look' muslim (usually brown), then it becomes a problem
UtopiaofEurope
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I judge islam by its cannon and religious text which are inherently evil and this country is better off without.

Islam offers nothing of value to Europe and will destroy European societies

Any stance against Islam is common sense and self preservation.
KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
> Thinking that Sikhs (and probably just all brown people) are Muslims

> Thinking that Muslims wear turbans

> Making incredibly crass arguments

This post pretty much sums up the amount of knowledge the average person who criticizes Islam knows about the religion, and the OP is also pretty typical in terms of intelligence.
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
wow, what a weirdly phrased question
are you saying "why are people islamophobic" and framing it as a "what is the use of this?" issue?
it's not about utility - the belief that islam is immoral isn't about "getting something" out of it - it's about truth and knowledge; obviously the values in the qur'an are not only delusional (in the context of its claims concerning reality) but also cruel and unfairly discriminatory - it is so absolutely undeniable that islam is, for example, a sexist/misogynistic religion. nazism, for example, was an absolutely undeniably racist political philosophy. islam and nazism have things in common in this sense about biological demographics and the denial of their rights in society, but we're not allowed to address these facts, because telling the truth is mean and "racist" against non-racial concepts like religions
SerLorasTyrell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a hindrance to progress and telling people the facts about Islam is hardly islamaphobic

Posted from TSR Mobile
mariachi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

If this site represents the amount of people who are actually Communistophobic in this country, then that's pretty worrying. Do you honestly believe this hostility is going to help?

Do you Communistophobes get in a rage every time you see some a man walking down the street with a red shirt on or a woman sporting a hammer and a sickle on her dress ? If you do then it's pretty sad.

Communism is a vast ideology with loads of different denominations. The difference between a Leninist and a Trotskyite is massive. To generalize about all Communists is ridiculous and incredibly ignorant.

Communists sometimes do bad things? Wow. So does everyone. Get over it.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know why you compare Islam to Nazism. Surely considering you hate Muslims so much Nazism is perfect for you.
1) I explained exactly why I compared them, have you not read a single word I've said? - them show hatred for neutral biological/involuntary human traits. gender and race might as well be the same thing here because you can't choose either, yet they discriminate. and islam not only discriminates and is aggressive towards women and their value, but also gay people.
2) how is "hating" muslims (I don't hate muslims, I hate islam; it's like saying I hate pain but not people who are in pain) wrong either way? but, also, I don't think you have a clue of what you're talking about - islam seems to hate more people than nazism. at least it probably have a bigger list of groups of people to kill than them.
UtopiaofEurope
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you think all Muslims hate women?

If this is true, why is it that Western countries are full of women being objectified, degraded, and exploited, while Muslim countries aren't? Why do Western countries have a rape a culture, while Muslim countries don't?

It's easy for imperialists such as you to sit in your safe little house and think that your country is the best because that's what the media tells you, but the reality is that you need to take a look at just how messed up this culture is before pointing the finger at others.
woman are not objectified, degraded or exploited. Women have equal rights and do what they want in this country. You seem unable to grasp that.

If a woman poses nude or topless on a newspaper that is her choice ... GET IT !!
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
*sigh* again, I'm talking about the religion and its teachings, not people who claim to follow it. I've told you this twice already.

If this is true, why is it that Western countries are full of women being objectified, degraded, and exploited, while Muslim countries aren't? Why do Western countries have a rape a culture, while Muslim countries don't?
ultimately your argument that we should stop women choosing to be objectified, "degraded" etc is that of limiting the liberty of women, which is wrong. if a woman wants to do something you think objectifies her, yet it makes her happy (e.g. because it makes her feel attractive and free~), are you really going to use the logic that women are too stupid to know what is best for them culturally, therefore they need a government to tell them what to do? how is that not misogynistic? would you rather a society that prohibits women from following their own dress sense when it doesn't hurt any body, than one that allows women rational autonomy and sexual/expressive self-determination?

It's easy for imperialists such as you to sit in your safe little house and think that your country is the best because that's what the media tells you, but the reality is that you need to take a look at just how messed up this culture is before pointing the finger at others.
how am I an imperialist? just because I'm british? wow, seems xeonophobic. and what on earth are you talking about? what's wrong with british culture? I can't help but be *very* sceptical of you if you're saying *british* culture is bad and, apparently, muslim culture is good or better. we have a culture of liberty and equality - islam is a culture of servitude and repression.
mariachi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

If this is true, why is it that Western countries are full of women being objectified, degraded, and exploited, while Muslim countries aren't?
you must be joking

women are being abused everywhere - but if there is one place where women are being beaten, raped, sold as child brides, segregated, excluded from political life, deprived of education - then these are some "Islamic" countries (not all of them, luckily)

and husbands will also claim that the Quran actually authorises them to beat their wives : with some reason

Quran 4:34 : Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them
mariachi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you just believe everything the Daily Mail tells you?

And nice cherry picking of the Quran.
why do such verses even exist ?

this makes the life of the cherry-pickers so much easier...

a huge error by God to include them
lerjj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And nice cherry picking of the Quran.
Is it possible to cherry pick a divinely inspired, inerrant work?

Food for thought

The benefit of Islamophobia is that atheist's get something to do in there free time. I can either argue with idiots on the religion forum, or go answer all the questions on the physics forum (well, try to). This is slightly more fun.
lerjj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Qu'ran wasn't written by God. It was written by Allah.
IKR? Out of interest though, who would win in a fight? Yahweh or Allah?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.08%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.82%
No, but I want to start (303)
37.09%
No, I am unable to (202)
24.72%
No, I chose not to (223)
27.29%