The Student Room Group

German Writing Controlled Assessment, advice?

i did my German Writing controlled assessment (CCEA) today and I am quite worried. I was aiming for full marks but I made two minor errors. I said 'jeder' where it should have been 'jeden' and forgot to add an 'n' on 'hätte'. With only these two minor errors do you think the examiner will penalise me? Any answers truly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Munich22
i did my German Writing controlled assessment (CCEA) today and I am quite worried. I was aiming for full marks but I made two minor errors. I said 'jeder' where it should have been 'jeden' and forgot to add an 'n' on 'hätte'. With only these two minor errors do you think the examiner will penalise me? Any answers truly appreciated :smile:

If that's the only two mistakes on your entire paper, you have nothing to worry about. They may penalise you, it just depends on the examiner. I doubt they would for hätte as you are allowed a few minor errors for complex structure, however they may for jeder; although again I believe you're allowed a few minor errors throughout it hasn't got to be completely perfect

Maximum of 1 mark dropped imo
Hey, I done my german gcse in year 10 and achieved an A*. For the writing ca, include different tenses and use ambitious vocabulary. Then memorize it off by heart. You should be fine though.

Quick Reply

Latest