The Student Room Group

Stuck for Work Experience! Help!

I'm totally stuck for Work Experience ideas. We have to organize everything ourselves by 12th December and that we need to do it in a week in June after the 15th, only in these set dates. However, I have NO IDEA what I can do, within anywhere in the UK for Ancient History/Classics/Archaeology! I've already looked at places like the British Museum but they don't open their June slots until February, which is too late!

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to go somewhere in Cardiff or London, but anywhere other than Cornwall is fine!

Original post by Arthraxia
I'm totally stuck for Work Experience ideas. We have to organize everything ourselves by 12th December and that we need to do it in a week in June after the 15th, only in these set dates. However, I have NO IDEA what I can do, within anywhere in the UK for Ancient History/Classics/Archaeology! I've already looked at places like the British Museum but they don't open their June slots until February, which is too late!

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to go somewhere in Cardiff or London, but anywhere other than Cornwall is fine!

Ah I was going to offer for you to come to TSR but we're obviously not at all relevant and all of that sounds much more fun.

Nerdcakes post looks really useful :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Captain Jack
Ah I was going to offer for you to come to TSR but we're obviously not at all relevant and all of that sounds much more fun.

How does that work :K:
Reply 4

nerdcake thank you so, so much that is really helpful! The link for National Museum Wales sounds perfect, definitely going to be applying there! Thank-you so much you have been so much help! :smile:

Wow, work experience at TSR! That sounds absolutely amazing! I'd definitely love to do that if that was on offer! ^_^
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cherx
How does that work :K:

We're based in Brighton, so if you can get past that little logistical hurdle, we have ppl doing work experience for a day, week or, for internships, three months. The work experience is unpaid but with all expenses, the internships are paid but happen more rarely. Usually in the summer with Sussex Uni students. They are all geared up to providing the students with skills and us passing on our knowledge. Lots of people come to the CT for community, content and publishing experience. Also to our learning resources team. But we have developers, sales and client services, operations and design.
Reply 6
We're based in Brighton, so if you can get past that little logistical hurdle, we have ppl doing work experience for a day, week or, for internships, three months. The work experience is unpaid but with all expenses, the internships are paid but happen more rarely. Usually in the summer with Sussex Uni students. They are all geared up to providing the students with skills and us passing on our knowledge. Lots of people come to the CT for community, content and publishing experience. Also to our learning resources team. But we have developers, sales and client services, operations and design.

That sounds awesome! What would the publishing experience/learning resources entail? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest