The Student Room Group

Ive chosen the wrong course at uni and im stuck doing it. please help

Hi there. I have realized that i have made a huge mistake and chosen the wrong course at university (sport and recreation management) and I'm sure i want to do sport science instead. My big problem is that i do not have a higher science which is necessary to even apply for the course next year as a new student, never mind transferring this year. On top of that i cannot find any courses whatsoever out there that offer a higher science qualification. All courses at college have started, leaving me wasting my time either going to university to a course i know is not for me and trying to find a higher science course so that i can avoid wasting a year of my life. I am at my wit's end trying to get my education back on track. Is there anything at all, even a suggestion or some personal experience that anyone could share. Thank you very much in advance
p.s i live and go to university in Edinburgh
Reply 1
I'm sorry you're in this difficult position, one option would be to continue looking for colleges at a greater radius, you might find one that offers higher science and explain your situation to them. If this really means that much to you, then you wouldn't mind the slightly longer journey to and from. At the same time find a job related to sports science or any entry level job related to it somehow. This way you wont be wasting a year of your life as you'll be using it constructively. Then you can apply the following year to do sports science.

If you know that that is the course you want to do and the career you want to follow, then you'll make the right decisions regardless. It might take you an extra year but you won't have any regrets in the future.
I hope it all works out for you buddy.
Have you spoken to the leaders of Sport Science? You may be able to transfer still.

Talk to the uni for advice, they'd be the ones doing the admissions - not TSR.
Have you looked into online/distance learning for a higher science qualification? You might be able to do that now for this year, which would get around the problem of college courses having already started.

Also do speak to your university's sport science leader in case there's a way they can waive that requirement for you or offer a suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest