The Student Room Group

How do I get from King cross station to St Pancras Help !!!

I got a open day tomorrow and am travelling to london, on my ticket it says I should arrive at King cross station at 8:05 and I need to get onto a train in St Pancras, which departs at 8:08.

I dont know how they expect people be that fast, I read on internet its walking distance away, but with out any pictures I wouldn't know where to go :s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
St Pancras is literally across the road from Kings Cross Station

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Out the front, turn right.
Reply 3
Just ask someone, anyone. They will point you in the right direction. As others have said, it's literally out the door and across the road.
Original post by haseebi82
I got a open day tomorrow and am travelling to london, on my ticket it says I should arrive at King cross station at 8:05 and I need to get onto a train in St Pancras, which departs at 8:08.

I dont know how they expect people be that fast, I read on internet its walking distance away, but with out any pictures I wouldn't know where to go :s

They're next to each other, so just walk out of King's Cross and turn right, and you're there. Three minutes is pretty tight for a connection between the two though, I wouldn't really expect that to be possible. Can you get a later train or is it an advance ticket?
Reply 5
kings cross is the underground and st pancras is the overground clearly signposted all the way you cant miss it
Original post by jameswhughes
They're next to each other, so just walk out of King's Cross and turn right, and you're there. Three minutes is pretty tight for a connection between the two though, I wouldn't really expect that to be possible. Can you get a later train or is it an advance ticket?

I got the advance ticket so i need to be on the time, so as soon as i get out the train station, I should turn right, would there be a sign anywhere saying St Pancras
Original post by mggaf
kings cross is the underground and st pancras is the overground clearly signposted all the way you cant miss it

The Overground doesn't go to either of those stations, they share one large underground station but are completely separate stations for National Rail (and Eurostar) purposes.
I got the advance ticket so i need to be on the time, so as soon as i get out the train station, I should turn right, would there be a sign anywhere saying St Pancras

It's really clearly signposted - tbh you'll probably have more trouble finding the platform XD if you're lost, someone will point you in the right direction :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, there will be signs everywhere, you can't miss it. It will probably take more than three minutes between getting off your train at King's Cross to getting to the correct platform at St. Pancras, so unless you're very lucky or arrive early at King's Cross it's going to be extremely tight.

This is what St Pancras looks like, you'll se it straight away:
They're pretty much next door to each other.

I've caught them both on Street View.

kxsp.jpg
Reply 11
Tbh it depends which exit you come out of.

Kings Cross and St Pancras are literally overlapping, but 3 mins is too tight for someone who doesn't know where he is going. Take an earlier tube?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP, where are you arriving into Kings Cross from? And where is your destination?

I''m confused as to why there's only a three minute connection when most advertised cross-London transfers are around an hour :lolwut:
Thanks guys i think i got a rough idea, the pictures really helped :smile: , Im really hoping they dont literally expect us to get there in 3mins, because I'll have to find the right platform.
Just use Google maps and print the directions for public transport. Done.
Thanks guys i think i got a rough idea, the pictures really helped :smile: , Im really hoping they dont literally expect us to get there in 3mins, because I'll have to find the right platform.

The only service that arrives at Kings Cross at 0805 is the fast service from Cambridge, is this your first train?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
The only service that arrives at Kings Cross at 0805 is the fast service from Cambridge, is this your first train?

My train is coming from Leeds to King cross
It's signposted everywhere. You will have zero problem finding it.

However, both stations are pretty big and I wouldn't be confident about getting from one train to the other in 3 minutes :-\
My train is coming from Leeds to King cross

Are you sure 0805 is not the time you leave Leeds, rather than the time you arrive in London?

(sorry for all the questions, the more info you give the easier it is to help, I'm good at this)
Reply 19
I'm sorry but if you're due in Kings X at 8:05 that's no guarantee that's when you'll be there. Rarely are trains to the minute on time at the terminus, you may be leaving yourself with only a minute or less gap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending