The Student Room Group

give me advice on how to sleep earlier???

I always sleep at 11/12 on uni nights and immediately regret I the day after when I have early lectures. Internet is the band of my life :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
I always sleep at 11/12 on uni nights and immediately regret I the day after when I have early lectures. Internet is the band of my life :frown:

This. 100%. I've missed 3 lectures this term due to this.
Same problem (except I'm worse). It's about willpower and self control, neither of which I have a lot of.
Reply 3

Wake up early. Your body will hit shoutdown early if you wake up early (and don't sleep during the day)
Reply 4

Lol 11/12 are way too early for me. I sleep at like 2/3 when I have to get up at 5 in the morning.
Reply 5

It is the inevitable cycle of life

Get up tired. Tell yourself you'll go to bed early. Get distracted by internet. Go to bed late. Repeat.
Reply 6
I know the feeling. :/ I go to bed at 2-3am most nights. I got an early night the other night... at 1am lol.

Original post by Enoxial
Wake up early. Your body will hit shoutdown early if you wake up early (and don't sleep during the day)

I beg to differ.
I woke up at 8:30am to go to work this morning.
It's currently 12:50am, and I am yet to feel this shutdown you are talking about.

Original post by AdamCee

Get up tired. Tell yourself you'll go to bed early. Get distracted by internet. Go to bed late. Repeat.

Exactly this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Turn off the gadgets, sleep with the light off and get to bed earlier and lay there counting handbags.
Watching this thread intently. I need help too, I sleep late like 2-3 am when I need to be up by 7am sharp. Regret it, but the cycle just continues :frown:

Original post by lou 22
Turn off the gadgets, sleep with the light off and get to bed earlier and lay there counting handbags.

:rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by SophiaLDN
Watching this thread intently. I need help too, I sleep late like 2-3 am when I need to be up by 7am sharp. Regret it, but the cycle just continues :frown:

:rofl:

:biggrin: thanks for the rep :smile:.
Original post by lou 22
:biggrin: thanks for the rep :smile:.

:smile:. Off to count handbags now :P
Reply 11

>11/12

normie plz go
What the **** is uni
What the **** is uni
Original post by CJKay

I beg to differ.
I woke up at 8:30am to go to work this morning.

8:30 AM in the morning is quite late to sleep in. You need to get up at least a couple of hours earlier, I'd suggest some time between 4 AM and 6 AM.

Also you might not feel sleepy on the first night but missed sleep catches up with you over time. If you keep forcing yourself to get up very early you should eventually start wanting to go to bed earlier than you used to. Try it for a week at least.

You'll also possibly start wanting to get up earlier once you've established the routine. It's actually quite nice when it's still dark and many people are still in bed, very little traffic noise and all the birds are singing in preparation for sunrise. Very peaceful.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Lol I've had the exact same problem recently. I just try to think about how grateful I'll be in the morning if I do go to bed earlier. It works about half of the time.
Reply 16
Turn off your computer early and read a book or something
Reply 17
Original post by Powpowpowpowpow
8:30 AM in the morning is quite late to sleep in. You need to get up at least a couple of hours earlier, I'd suggest some time between 4 AM and 6 AM.

Also you might not feel sleepy on the first night but missed sleep catches up with you over time. If you keep forcing yourself to get up very early you should eventually start wanting to go to bed earlier than you used to. Try it for a week at least.

You'll also possibly start wanting to get up earlier once you've established the routine. It's actually quite nice when it's still dark and many people are still in bed, very little traffic noise and all the birds are singing in preparation for sunrise. Very peaceful.

There's no chance in hell I could get up earlier than 7am. I go through five alarms every morning just to get up at 8:30!
Original post by AdamCee

Exactly!!!!!
lol 11/12 is like normal bed time.... try it when you don't go to sleep until 4/5am and have to get up at 7

Quick Reply

Latest