The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Night life/Gay Scene at Swansea

Okay so I'm thinking of applying to Swansea University and I was wondering if the uni is very gay friendly? is there a noticeable LGBT population? Is there anything to do specifically for gay guys like night clubs or an LGBT society? and what is the nightlife like in general?
I'm pretty sure there's an LGBT society, I remember seeing a picture of them that was taken at a Fresher's Fayre, though I don't know how long ago that was and if it's still running. Kinda had the same question tbh, it's something that worries me.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by JacobB13
Okay so I'm thinking of applying to Swansea University and I was wondering if the uni is very gay friendly? is there a noticeable LGBT population? Is there anything to do specifically for gay guys like night clubs or an LGBT society? and what is the nightlife like in general?

Well the LGBT "population" isn't obviously as big as somewhere say Birmingham and Manchester, for obvious reasons (being bigger cities). But yes, it is gay friendly. I have joined the LGBT society and it's so good! They are wild, they are always going out ever week. There's a lazerzone this week and then also this week a Halloween bar crawl and next week is a party too so they love being active and outgoing. It's a big society too so you won't be a lone to make friends. I'm pretty sorted as I have a few coursemates who are gay and I have flatmate who is openly bi (I am implying there's a nother girl who is bi, but she told me when she was drunk....) ANYWAYS, I have yet to experience the gay nightlife as I have been extremely busy with other commitments. However I do know it's not as big as other cities. It has a few about 3 bar/clubs with OMG Swansea being the most popular and fun one. I have yet to go but I do want go there soon!
nightlife in general is pretty solid if you're fine taxi sharing. Cheap drinks and quality clubs (if you know where to go / get free entry wrist bands off of reps)
the LGBT peeps know their way around the clubs as well - quite fun people. not an especially large number of them but still ^_^
Reply 4
OMG Gay bar Swansea is showing as permanently closed...if this is not true let me know ...me and wife looking for other places like this in Swansea or near Swansea or CardiffMed
Original post by Medtech
OMG Gay bar Swansea is showing as permanently closed...if this is not true let me know ...me and wife looking for other places like this in Swansea or near Swansea or CardiffMed

Hi @Medtech,

One of the main LGBT venues in Swansea is The Kings Arms, and to my knowledge it is still open and going strong!

Jamie
Original post by Medtech

Can confirm that is it indeed closed. King's Arms is open and there is an occasional 'Mary's' Night be hosted in local venues - check facebook for when they're happening.

Quick Reply

Latest