This discussion is closed.
wizadora
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
OK, sorry to ask another loan type question but i'm just trying to fill in the forms and i'm getting confused! So, i live with parents at the mo but will be living at uni from Sept. Parents earn over the £31,000 thingy so we will have to pay full tuition fees. If I apply for income assesed loan, i will get no help with fees and a loan of probably £3,070. But what if i apply for non income assesed? I understand we will have to pay full fees but how much of the loan would i get? The full £4,000-something or still just the 75% amount which is £3070? confusion! I tried the online calculator thingy but it told me i'd get £3070 either way, i tried it both with and without parents income. Can't work out which is best! Plus the non-income assesed deadline is tomorrow so the pressure is on!! hehe. Thanks!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wizadora)
OK, sorry to ask another loan type question but i'm just trying to fill in the forms and i'm getting confused! So, i live with parents at the mo but will be living at uni from Sept. Parents earn over the £31,000 thingy so we will have to pay full tuition fees. If I apply for income assesed loan, i will get no help with fees and a loan of probably £3,070. But what if i apply for non income assesed? I understand we will have to pay full fees but how much of the loan would i get? The full £4,000-something or still just the 75% amount which is £3070? confusion! I tried the online calculator thingy but it told me i'd get £3070 either way, i tried it both with and without parents income. Can't work out which is best! Plus the non-income assesed deadline is tomorrow so the pressure is on!! hehe. Thanks!
Right, so it is likely you are going to just go over the threshold for any help with tuition fees so you won't get that.

But it is only the amount that is over this threshold that goes against you in the 25 % of the loan that is income assessed, so you may receive £3900 or so (assuming not going Uni in London), upto a maximum of £4095.

If you go non-income assessed, you'll recieve no help with tuition fees, and limit your self to the 75 % of a student loan that isn't income varying; ie £3070.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you're over the threshold, it's the same either way.
ThePants999
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Indeed. You will get no more than £3070 whatever you do.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Your too late to apply for non assesed now arnt you, but thats what i think you should have done, you will get exactly the same amount
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (102)
48.57%
Take exams next summer (31)
14.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (52)
24.76%
Apply to uni next year instead (19)
9.05%
I'm not applying to university (6)
2.86%

Watched Threads