Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK, sorry to ask another loan type question but i'm just trying to fill in the forms and i'm getting confused! So, i live with parents at the mo but will be living at uni from Sept. Parents earn over the £31,000 thingy so we will have to pay full tuition fees. If I apply for income assesed loan, i will get no help with fees and a loan of probably £3,070. But what if i apply for non income assesed? I understand we will have to pay full fees but how much of the loan would i get? The full £4,000-something or still just the 75% amount which is £3070? confusion! I tried the online calculator thingy but it told me i'd get £3070 either way, i tried it both with and without parents income. Can't work out which is best! Plus the non-income assesed deadline is tomorrow so the pressure is on!! hehe. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizadora)
    OK, sorry to ask another loan type question but i'm just trying to fill in the forms and i'm getting confused! So, i live with parents at the mo but will be living at uni from Sept. Parents earn over the £31,000 thingy so we will have to pay full tuition fees. If I apply for income assesed loan, i will get no help with fees and a loan of probably £3,070. But what if i apply for non income assesed? I understand we will have to pay full fees but how much of the loan would i get? The full £4,000-something or still just the 75% amount which is £3070? confusion! I tried the online calculator thingy but it told me i'd get £3070 either way, i tried it both with and without parents income. Can't work out which is best! Plus the non-income assesed deadline is tomorrow so the pressure is on!! hehe. Thanks!
    Right, so it is likely you are going to just go over the threshold for any help with tuition fees so you won't get that.

But it is only the amount that is over this threshold that goes against you in the 25 % of the loan that is income assessed, so you may receive £3900 or so (assuming not going Uni in London), upto a maximum of £4095.

If you go non-income assessed, you'll recieve no help with tuition fees, and limit your self to the 75 % of a student loan that isn't income varying; ie £3070.

ReputationRep:
    If you're over the threshold, it's the same either way.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. You will get no more than £3070 whatever you do.

ReputationRep:
    Your too late to apply for non assesed now arnt you, but thats what i think you should have done, you will get exactly the same amount

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.