The Student Room Group

Morrisons Group Interview - What To Exepect?

I've got a group interview with Morrisons next Thursday, and it's the first group interview I've ever had. I'd actually prefer to have a 1-1 interview as I feel I'm good at simply conversing with a single person and answering questions as opposed to trying to stand out amongst a group of people - all of whom are trying to stand out as well.

The email I received inviting me to the group interview reads as follows:
Dear Person,
I am pleased to invite you to attend an Assessment Day on 23/10/2014 at 09:00am. This is a group assessment and is the final stage in the Morrisons M local recruitment process. Dress code for the Assessment Day is business dress.

Applying for a role as a Team Member with Morrisons M local?
The Assessment Day will last approximately 3 hours and will consist of the following:
- Handing in/checking of completed paperwork and documentation
- Find out more about Morrisons M local
- 3 group exercises
To view the Role Profile for a Morrisons M local Team Member click here

On the day To ensure the smooth running of the Assessment Day and avoid any delays in us offering you the position should you be successful, it is important that you bring originals and photocopies of the following documents with you as photocopying facilities may not be available on the day.

Please be aware as offers of employment cannot be made if we do not have all of the required documentation, you may be turned away from the Assessment Day if you fail to bring them with you.

The two main questions I have are what could the group exercises be (and how can you prepare for them), and what exactly will they expect you to wear? Business dress to me sounds like a suit and tie, but that could be a little too formal for a job for a low level supermarket position.

Thanks for taking the time to read and giving any help. Anyone who's had interviews for any supermarkets would obviously be of great help too.

Cheers!
Reply 1
No one?
The group exercises will be team work based activities, i really wouldn't like to go into detail and give u false information but im sure they will be looking at how u work in that team (show leadership qualities but also show that u can listen to others aswell) group interviews are all about standing out but thats not just by being the loudest and most confident (too much so u dont give others a chance) but listening to what everybody has too say after you voice your opinions(:

Regarding the business dress, maybe wear a shirt or a smart jumper? A tie may be a bit TOO FORMAL..

Hope i helped(:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MagicalBest
No one?

Business dress is a suit and tie
Reply 4
Original post by swagyolo420
The group exercises will be team work based activities, i really wouldn't like to go into detail and give u false information but im sure they will be looking at how u work in that team (show leadership qualities but also show that u can listen to others aswell) group interviews are all about standing out but thats not just by being the loudest and most confident (too much so u dont give others a chance) but listening to what everybody has too say after you voice your opinions(:

Regarding the business dress, maybe wear a shirt or a smart jumper? A tie may be a bit TOO FORMAL..

Hope i helped(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I assume that's the point of the group interview, however would you agree that seeing as it's just for a 'team member' position (without any leadership responsibilities), they'd be specifically assessing your ability to work amongst a team and build on others ideas rather than completely take over the group and be quite bossy? Obviously not just sit back and do nothing, but not boss people about.

I can't believe you need to fill a huge application form, then a telephone interview, then a competency based (more formal 1 to 1) interview finished with 3 group exercises all for a supermarket job!
Reply 5
Anyone have a group interview with Morrisons?

I have one coming and it seems pretty intense.
Reply 6
Original post by lili4648
Hey, for anyone looking for a wide range of practice interview questions, there is this website called Jobleau.com with over 2000 questions!

I am looking for specifically Morrisons
My interview will be a group interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending