The Student Room Group

Maths Revision!

I am trying to copy of the full CGP Maths revision guide onto my notebook and then highlight important things so it's easier to read and also watch videos online on different topics? is this a good way? Also could you tell me more ways to revise? I keep on getting D's and I am not taking it anymore.
don't bother, doing that won't be helping anyone and will just make you really bored

with maths, the best thing to do is to understand what you are doing and why you are doing it

i prefer videos to reading tbh, just makes more sense to me when i hear someone talking about something but different people learn in different ways :dontknow:
Original post by Arithmeticae
don't bother, doing that won't be helping anyone and will just make you really bored

with maths, the best thing to do is to understand what you are doing and why you are doing it

i prefer videos to reading tbh, just makes more sense to me when i hear someone talking about something but different people learn in different ways :dontknow:

I'll give videos a try - It's less - time consuming and easeier to get apparently!
hey please don't waste your time doing that. I got A* at maths gcse, best thing to do is attempt all the questions within the CGP book as i found it very helpful, also use maths watch. Then try all the past papers you can get your hands on. Hope this helps :smile:
There are much more efficient/effective ways to use your revision time.By copying you will become bored and demotivated-maths isn't about memorising material it's about understanding how to apply it. The best ways to revise maths are to keep doing practice questions and examples and checking them, doing past papers near an exam which will highlight weaker topics which can be sorted out, watch videos/tutorials on youtube, ask your teacher/friends/parents as soon as you become stuck and looking @ how your maths can be applied to real life which will make it interesting :smile:
Reply 5
Try going on to MathsWatch
My teacher dosen't help me - She dosen't give me any tips other than homework. But however, I'll try watching tutorials and then do practice question of the cgp book and the tutorial and then do past papers. Does this sound right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
yes sounds good

Quick Reply

Latest