username1308327
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey all.

I am considering living on my own for the next academic year.

Does anyone know any good student letting agencies/accommodation where I can live in a one bed flat? I really don't know where to look.
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You could do this but it wouldn't be recommended because of the sheer expense this will cost. You will also have nobody to split chores with, and will be at serious risk of isolating yourself and becoming unwell.

Try going on the Unipol website - most of them begin advertising in January for letting beginning in July. If you want to live alone (i.e. not in halls) it would be best to look there and negotiate a summer rent concession with the individual landlords.
yabbayabba
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also if you have any issues with bad landlords it's you who has to bear all the burden, you can't share it with the flat

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1308327
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
You could do this but it wouldn't be recommended because of the sheer expense this will cost. You will also have nobody to split chores with, and will be at serious risk of isolating yourself and becoming unwell.

Try going on the Unipol website - most of them begin advertising in January for letting beginning in July. If you want to live alone (i.e. not in halls) it would be best to look there and negotiate a summer rent concession with the individual landlords.
I'd want to live alone but in halls/apartment complex...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads