hp1097
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I just started the IB in September and my college is already asking me to do a mock EE to prepare us for the real one. It's only supposed to be around 1000 words but I cant decide my question.

I'm pretty firm on doing it on The Great Gatsby but I cant really decide on the question.

1. How is the concept of the 'American Dream' shown with in The Great Gatsby'

2. How is the character of Nick portrayed to the reader, and how is it different to how Gatsby is portrayed?

3. In what sense was The Great Gatsby so controversial at the time of publication, and how the evolution of socio-political influence change the publics perspective of the book?

I'm also open to any other possible questions you guys think would be good.

Thank you.
tenorblizzard
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hp1097)
Hi, I just started the IB in September and my college is already asking me to do a mock EE to prepare us for the real one. It's only supposed to be around 1000 words but I cant decide my question.

I'm pretty firm on doing it on The Great Gatsby but I cant really decide on the question.

1. How is the concept of the 'American Dream' shown with in The Great Gatsby'

2. How is the character of Nick portrayed to the reader, and how is it different to how Gatsby is portrayed?

3. In what sense was The Great Gatsby so controversial at the time of publication, and how the evolution of socio-political influence change the publics perspective of the book?

I'm also open to any other possible questions you guys think would be good.

Thank you.
Have you ever thought of doing
"Why is gatsby great?"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.54%
Note taking apps (6)
2.44%
Flashcards (48)
19.51%
Revision guides (15)
6.1%
Past papers (116)
47.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.25%

Watched Threads