Asda magic assessment help plz Watch

bevvy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an asda magic assessment Monday and am terrified can anyone tell me what to expect and what should I wear also the vacancy is grocery colleague 25 hrs nights what would this involve .thanks in advance for ur help
randomgeeza
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bevvy)
I have an asda magic assessment Monday and am terrified can anyone tell me what to expect and what should I wear also the vacancy is grocery colleague 25 hrs nights what would this involve .thanks in advance for ur help
I had one about 7 months ago, it's pretty straight forward.

They introduce themselves first (the recruitment/management staff who are present).
You introduce yourself and others do so too.
You do a little task which is pretty meaningful in terms of whether you come number 1 or not but it's more about how you talk with others and how you try and get the task done. We had to go around the room at the same time and get as many answers for certain questions from other people who were getting interviewed too and tick it off the list, you can literally cheat as well lol just don't get caught if it means that much to you .
You are also interviewed and asked a number of questions about why you want the role, what can you bring to the role, your previous experience and know a bit about ASDA so that you can slot it in to this bit.
another bit was another task where we had to use LEGO to build a tower, we were given a brief look at a building which we had to replicate, they then hid it. We were put in teams and then each person had a go a number of times in order at remembered what they saw and slotting in the lego. No one's going to get it done, it's more about you communicate with each other and how well you work with each other.
You also choose your shift availability as well - try and be as open as you can for this bit.

It's honestly nothing difficult compared with proper interviews for specific jobs in specific fields. It's very general and the majority of the tasks are kind of ridiculous lol We had a guy who was colour blind in our group for the lego task, which made it a ***** to try and sort him in to the group because he didn't know what to do.

Just be confident, do your research on ASDA, speak about how your existing skills can be transferred across, speak about your customer service skills, smile and you'll be fine. It's honestly not even that bad compared to many other interviews for other roles where you get grilled a million times harder.
Sharon1096
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Was wondering if anyone could help me. Where is the colleague entrance or is this just a fancy term for the door that everyone walks through. Would I go to the customer service desk on arrival ???? . Sounds trivial but it would have been good if they would have stated such things in the email l.
Texxers
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sharon1096)
Was wondering if anyone could help me. Where is the colleague entrance or is this just a fancy term for the door that everyone walks through. Would I go to the customer service desk on arrival ???? . Sounds trivial but it would have been good if they would have stated such things in the email l.
Yeah sure, I had my ASDA magic day nearly 18 month ago now when I was 16 😂😂

And you go to the Kiosk, or customer service desk and they will tell you to sign in.
Sharon1096
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Texxers)
Yeah sure, I had my ASDA magic day nearly 18 month ago now when I was 16 😂😂

And you go to the Kiosk, or customer service desk and they will tell you to sign in.

😁 thanks for that quick response. Thought that might be the case. Also love the whole smart but casual as you will be doing tasks. So I'm guessing stilletos and fishnets are out then PMSL..
Semzyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have an asda magic session this Thursday. I am very nervous as i dont know what to expect and im not very good at presenting things infront of a big group. If anyone else has recently had one of these sessions, what can i exoecr and what advice would you give me? The position Ive applied for is in pharmacy so not sure if it will be different to the normal sessions.
John_Davis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Semzyx)
I have an asda magic session this Thursday. I am very nervous as i dont know what to expect and im not very good at presenting things infront of a big group. If anyone else has recently had one of these sessions, what can i exoecr and what advice would you give me? The position Ive applied for is in pharmacy so not sure if it will be different to the normal sessions.
How was it and were you successful?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.62%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.38%
No I am happy with my course choice (464)
58.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (112)
14.2%

Watched Threads