The Student Room Group

Anyone here scared of death?

Scroll to see replies

Yes I am.I am also scared of insects but I'm not thinking 24/7 on the possibility that an insect may come out of any corner.
Kind of? It's more what happens after death that scares me. Is there something? Is it like before you were born-just nothing? Eternal nothingness very much worries me.

Or how I die worries me too.
Death is both exciting and scary because you really want to be rid of all the stress and boredom that like throws at you and you get the thrill of something that is very unknown technically anything could happen to you because noone really knows I have got my own ideas(reincarnation I think) but not really enough proof of what will happen and certainly no idea of exactly how it will happen-I remain entirely convinced that you will end up somewhere and you will not cease to exist but it is probably that you will lose your memory of this life and possibly a lot of your personality and for that reason it is not entirely wise to commit suicide as you lose most of who you are and those unique qualities that you will probably never have again.

Its unwise to simply say it will be like when you were born because what was that like? just because you can't remember doesn't mean there was nothing like how people with amnesia did actually experience life before this amnesia period but just can't remember it and that type of logic ruins that silly idea of nothingness before you were born that keeps being spouted on these forums.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Will2346
This is me. The only kind of death I fear is death by spiders. Life wouldn't be as fun otherwise.

That being said, my lax view on death may be due to some of the things I watch or the games I play. (examples that come to mind are Tokyo Ghoul, Akame la Kill and Bayonetta)

To be fair they are absolutely terrifying. Especially the ones with the big abdomens. Also an Agame ga Kill! fan here!

Haha I think it's easy to say that, but until you're in an actual situation where it becomes a real possibility, it's hard to know how you'll react. And even then, it varies between the situations. It's not so much as death as it is the manner of death, for me at least.
I'm only scared of a painful death, but other than that death excites and intrigues me. I firmly believe that I will continue to exist post-mortem and that a new range of opportunities and adventures will be there for my choosing.
Reply 45
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Absolutely terrified. I try not to think about it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one
compared to eternal hell death is a joke!
Reply 47
Original post by beaverhausen

Is it just blackness? .

Reply 48
Original post by mrocd2014
The fact that when you die, that's it, you simply cease to exist :mad:

Life's a joke and death's a laugh it's true....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nohomo
x

you are my current favourite poster
Original post by nohomo
x

LOL. Go away, I'm trying to be deep and philosophical
Reply 51
Original post by white boy
you are my current favourite poster

:rofl:
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
I was going to say:-

Sorry but you have a right to be scared....

Matthew 10:28 - Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

But thought better of it:smile:

Um, no you didn't.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm only scared of a painful death, but other than that death excites and intrigues me. I firmly believe that I will continue to exist post-mortem and that a new range of opportunities and adventures will be there for my choosing.

That would certainly be nice to think.
Reply 54
I'm just scared about HOW I'll die to be honest.
Original post by The_Blade
Death will 'feel' like how you felt during before you were born.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't know that.
I wouldn't say I'm scared,
I just want to complete a few things before I go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beyond terrified. In fact, beyond terrified is an understatement.
I'm more scared how painful it would be because I can't stand pain :cry2:
Reply 59
Nope.

'And it is not [possible] for one to die except by permission of Allah at a decree determined...' (3:145)

Quick Reply

Latest