The Student Room Group

''Good intentions don't sanitize bad impact'' Why?

''Good intentions don't sanitize bad impact'' Why?
What do you mean by "sanitise"?

Anyway, the road to hell paved with good intentions.
Reply 2
Original post by Juichiro
What do you mean by "sanitise"?

Anyway, the road to hell paved with good intentions.

Like cleaning
Original post by Quma
Like cleaning

Can you be more specific? Cleaning is an action performed on physical matter. "Impact" is not a physical matter and "good intentions" is not physical either.
Reply 4
Can you be more specific? Cleaning is an action performed on physical matter. "Impact" is not a physical matter and "good intentions" is not physical either.

Why when someone makes a mistake so waht is the most important is his results (his mistake) and not his good intentions or his reasons? Why his intentions/reasons don't matter??
Original post by Quma
Why when someone makes a mistake so waht is the most important is his results (his mistake) and not his good intentions or his reasons? Why his intentions/reasons don't matter??

Because the results are the most visible thing. Death, pain, happiness, destruction, construction. The results are visible but the intentions are not. You can't read someone's mind to see his intentions. You just infer his intentions from his behaviour. Also, intentions do not affect anyone, results do. Bad intentions by themselves do nothing.
Reply 6
Because the results are the most visible thing. Death, pain, happiness, destruction, construction. The results are visible but the intentions are not. You can't read someone's mind to see his intentions. You just infer his intentions from his behaviour. Also, intentions do not affect anyone, results do. Bad intentions by themselves do nothing.

And if I have a reason for my mistake? Why it is not important and interesting than the result? Suppose, I was late and I have a reason for my late why my result(my late) more important than my reason for the late?? My reason is visible too
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Up
What you intended hardly matters if the outcome is horrible. Yes, it redeems you slightly, but not entirely. For instance...hmm...if I happened to bio-engineer a virus that I believed would cure cancer, but actually it mutated and unleashed a zombie apocalypse event across a country and killed millions, I think you'll agree that the good intentions in no way negate the horrible consequences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending