krs122
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I still can't decide what to do at Uni and this is one of my options. I want some advice of people who've taken these degrees. I currently do ICT, Financial Studies, Business and Economics and Psychology as my A levels. I am predicted A, A, A and C but I'm confident I can get A*, A*, A, B

If you have taken these courses can you answer these questions?:

1) What subjects did you take at A level and what did you get?
2) What course did you take and what Uni?
3) would you recommend it and who would that course be for?
4) How easy was it to get a job and if I did take it would you say that I could find a decent paying job relatively quickly considering the IT industry is growing. I know there's lots of extraneous variables to consider but answer it generally.

I was considering computer science and also information technology managment for Business and the course content looks really good
play_fetch
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by krs122)
I still can't decide what to do at Uni and this is one of my options. I want some advice of people who've taken these degrees. I currently do ICT, Financial Studies, Business and Economics and Psychology as my A levels. I am predicted A, A, A and C but I'm confident I can get A*, A*, A, B

4) How easy was it to get a job and if I did take it would you say that I could find a decent paying job relatively quickly considering the IT industry is growing. I know there's lots of extraneous variables to consider but answer it generally.

I was considering computer science and also information technology managment for Business and the course content looks really good
1) pscyhology business studies computing it all As/Bs
2) comp sci at kent uni
3) yes for those who want a very technical course or those who want a business oriented.
4) very easy, all my friends got jobs, they all are on 25-35k, which 25 is average salary.. it is still a very good degree to go for!
matnavin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by krs122)

Hi there, I'm a second year currently studying the ITMB degree.

I think that in regards to your last question about getting a job at the end of your degree the ITMB is one of the best degrees that could get you into employment; with over 90 different employers that have worked together to create this degree (So you get taught everything that they want) there is a good chance you will get a job after studying. There's 19 Universities that currently offer the ITMB degree, you can find which ones offer it by going onto www.itmb.co.uk.

I see you are also interested in computer science, if you are looking for a more technical degree the Software Development for Business Degree. This is a new degree which is similar (and the ‘sister’ degree) to ITMB but has a more technical element. softwaredevelopmentforbusiness.c om.

If you have any further questions feel free to email me: [email protected] I’ll be more than happy to help especially if you’re planning to join the Tech Industry Gold degree communities.
Cheers,
Matt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads