The Student Room Group

Comparing Sheffield, Newcastle and UEA

Hi,

I've just been to several different universities with these being my favourite to study Politics. The thing is, they all offer great attributes and things they are not so good at. If I was to rank course, accommodation, nightlife and quality of area, it would be this:

Course: 1) Sheffield
2) UEA
3) Newcastle

Accomodation:
1) Newcastle
2) Sheffield
3) UEA

Nightlife:
1) Newcastle
2) UEA
3) Sheffield

Quality of Uni: 1) UEA/Newcastle
2) Sheffield

In addition, I know someone going to UEA - is that something to consider?

So Newcastle, apart from the course, is probably best. But should I go with the best course? What really matters? Would appreciate help from all students, even if it's just a generic point having not been to any of these Uni's.
Reply 1
Hey,

I went to study Politics at Sheffield! It's quite good if you're after a certain kind of politics - quite traditional and conservative, a lot of electoral politics, institutional politics and whatnot. I wasn't too in to it but the department and I have opposing ontological views, and I like my social science radical. Sheffield itself is right good and right friendly as a city. I also wouldn't let someone I know being at a uni influence it, my best friend also went to uni in Sheffo and I barely saw her! I would prioritise a course that fits in with your interests, shortly followed by quality of uni. You can get pissed anywhere, so I wouldn't really take nightlife into consideration (unless you means theatres, gigs etc of course :smile: ), although I know a few people who live in Newcastle and they really love it, but they don't go to uni there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending