The Student Room Group

Postgraduate study in America

I have not yet started university, but shall be in September of 2015- hopefully a joint degree in History and International Relations. I'll be honest, I left it pretty late when I started to hope I could attend university in the USA; SAT's take a while etc. nevertheless I have applied to various UK universities already. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you lot know how difficult it is/if its possible for me to carry out post graduate (or graduate study as they call it over there) studies in the USA? I would be looking to do a Masters degree (MA). It seems quite hard to find a specific 'History and International Relations' MA course in the US so would it be possible to do a History one, or International Affairs one for example, if the MA course does not directly match my BA course in England? I have tried to do some research but it seems pretty vague so I was hoping some of you lot could gimme help. So what would the costs be like? What are he entry requirements? Whats the possibility of them wanting to take me on? And would it generally be a do-able thing? I knuckle down with my studies and some years in the US after my studies in England would be sweet. Sorry if someones already answered a question like this I'm new to this website and can't really navigate too well.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest