Medicine Help....... Do i stand a chance of getting into a good medical school?

Watch
benneslson1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello , i am currently in year 12 and i am studying biology,chemistry,physics and maths as my "as subjects". And since a young age i always wanted to become a doctor. But after attending a medicine talk, in Keele university i am scared whether or not i will get into a medical school like Keele university. The main reason is because i did not do that good in my gcse exams this years. The results i got are as follows:
Biology=B
Chemistry=B
Physics=B
Maths=A
Computing=A
History=B
French=C
RE=B
English lit=C
English Lan= C
In summery= 2A,5B,3C
But to get into a university like Keele you need to have minimum of 4A's GCSE. And i only have 2A in gcse (Maths and Computer science)
So will i be able to attain a place if do well in AS-level and A-level and meet their A-level target of AAA or A*AB. Or will have to take a gap year and re-do my gcse to improve the required standard. Please note they also require B in English language and i only have C grade.*Keele University is my preferred university*
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you that respond to this question.....
borysek01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To put it simply, no.
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by benneslson1234)
Hello , i am currently in year 12 and i am studying biology,chemistry,physics and maths as my "as subjects". And since a young age i always wanted to become a doctor. But after attending a medicine talk, in Keele university i am scared whether or not i will get into a medical school like Keele university. The main reason is because i did not do that good in my gcse exams this years. The results i got are as follows:
Biology=B
Chemistry=B
Physics=B
Maths=A
Computing=A
History=B
French=C
RE=B
English lit=C
English Lan= C
In summery= 2A,5B,3C
But to get into a university like Keele you need to have minimum of 4A's GCSE. And i only have 2A in gcse (Maths and Computer science)
So will i be able to attain a place if do well in AS-level and A-level and meet their A-level target of AAA or A*AB. Or will have to take a gap year and re-do my gcse to improve the required standard. Please note they also require B in English language and i only have C grade.*Keele University is my preferred university*
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you that respond to this question.....
If you don't meet the minimum requirement, don't waste your time. Requirements of other medical schools: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...E_Requirements
benneslson1234
Rep:
?
Can someone please give me a list of universities that i am eligible for...
benneslson1234
Rep:
?
Biology=B
Chemistry=B
Physics=B
Maths=A
Computing=A
History=B
French=C
RE=B
English lit=C
English Lan= C
In summery= 2A,5B,3C
nerdcake
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by benneslson1234)
Can someone please give me a list of universities that i am eligible for...
In order to do that, we'd have to go through every university that offers medicine and check their GCSE requirements. Why should we do that for when you can do that yourself?

/snark

Here is a list of the medical schools in the UK. All you need to do now is look at each one in turn to see if you meet any of the requirements.
http://www.medschools.ac.uk/Students...by-Region.aspx
benneslson1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by nerdcake)
In order to do that, we'd have to go through every university that offers medicine and check their GCSE requirements. Why should we do that for when you can do that yourself?

/snark

Here is a list of the medical schools in the UK. All you need to do now is look at each one in turn to see if you meet any of the requirements.
http://www.medschools.ac.uk/Students...by-Region.aspx
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (26)
5.7%
Uncertainty around my education (52)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (55)
12.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (59)
12.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (24)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (20)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (46)
10.09%
Financial worries (28)
6.14%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (19)
4.17%
Exposure to negative news/social media (30)
6.58%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
3.07%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (45)
9.87%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (38)
8.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed