The Student Room Group

Politics Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Age
Ok. Well bearing in mind in our exam system we can retake modules it is likely that I will get an A in the summer. As previously mentioned I have already achieved 120/120 ums in one unit. I've already received an offer from a Russell Group university (Exeter) which shows that universities have faith in the fact I will achieve my predicted grade. Thank you for your concern though but I don't think I'm part of this "grade inflation"

Yeah, sorry. well done on your offer!. And I was sort of referring to the people who got grades similar to BBCD and are predicted A*A*A, like they are at my college :/. Is Exeter your top choice?
Reply 41
Original post by muzika
I'm first year Politics student at Surrey. What can I tell you is be prepared to read so many books, articles etc. 90 pages of one book, 30 from another and article for only one lecture is what we need are expected to read :smile: Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the course living up to your expectations/enjoying it?
Reply 42
Original post by RussmanG
Yeah, sorry. well done on your offer!. And I was sort of referring to the people who got grades similar to BBCD and are predicted A*A*A, like they are at my college :/. Is Exeter your top choice?

Sorry if I sounded rude it's just I was literally 1 UMS off a B but I chose not to remark because I wanted to retake. I agree there is definitely some inflation going on but I'm sure universities will be able to pick that up like Exeter giving out A*A*A offers for English Lit. I'm still waiting for Warwick which is my top.
But hey, all this inflation isn't all bad... It just means more places available through adjustment in the summer :biggrin:
Reply 43
Anyone received an offer from KCL/UCL/LSE?
Predicted- A*AA

Applying to-
Oxford (History/Politics) *Long shot is an understatement :tongue:*
Bath (Politics/IR)
KCL (International Politics)
York (Politics)
Sheffield (Politics)

AS- A*(EPQ) AABC

Offers from Sheffield, York and Bath, all AAB!
Reply 45
Anyone received an offer from KCL/UCL/LSE?

No, I've only received an acknowledgement from KCL (European Studies - French Pathway), UCL are currently reviewing my details (European Social and Political Studies) and LSE are also reviewing my details and said I should have a decision in about 8 weeks (Politics and IR).
Reply 46
Original post by athena1
No, I've only received an acknowledgement from KCL (European Studies - French Pathway), UCL are currently reviewing my details (European Social and Political Studies) and LSE are also reviewing my details and said I should have a decision in about 8 weeks (Politics and IR).

Ah ok. I've recieved offers from manchester and sheffield but It's gonna be a long wait for those 3, although im 99% sure LSE will reject me. Good luck though :smile:
Applying for Russian and Politics/International Relations depending on what combination the university offers.
Applied for:
St Andrews
Sheffield (already got an offer - ABB)
Bristol
Birmingham
Queen Mary
I got AABC at AS and am predicted straight A's at A2
Reply 48
Original post by Age
Sorry if I sounded rude it's just I was literally 1 UMS off a B but I chose not to remark because I wanted to retake. I agree there is definitely some inflation going on but I'm sure universities will be able to pick that up like Exeter giving out A*A*A offers for English Lit. I'm still waiting for Warwick which is my top.
But hey, all this inflation isn't all bad... It just means more places available through adjustment in the summer :biggrin:

Yeah you did sound a bit rude mate! I'm surprise the other dude hasn't come to find you...and kill you. Anyway that's enough lip from you and hope you receive some offers...that you can meet the requirements of.

All the best :wink:
Reply 49
Original post by Ladivian
Yeah you did sound a bit rude mate! I'm surprise the other dude hasn't come to find you...and kill you. Anyway that's enough lip from you and hope you receive some offers...that you can meet the requirements of.

Now that was rude.
Reply 50

Haha Ladivian! I received two offers last night from Birmingham and Warwick..so only 2 to go! (Oh and I aim to meet them!)

I'm sure Russman G won't kill me :wink:
Reply 51
haha, well played with the Warwick offer age. where are you applying Ladivian, and what course?
Reply 52
haha, well played with the Warwick offer age. where are you applying Ladivian, and what course?

I'm apply to Oxford, UCL, LSE, Durham and Bristol for History :smile:
Reply 53

Thanks man, keep us updated with your offers
Reply 54
I'm apply to Oxford, UCL, LSE, Durham and Bristol for History :smile:

what a beast
Original post by Miffins123
Hi, I'm currently doing Politics at York- congratulations on your offer! Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

How is the nightlife at York?
Reply 56
what a beast

Thanks man!!
Reply 57
Is the course living up to your expectations/enjoying it?

It's great. Just very hard. So different compared to secondary school.
Hey guys,

Can I ask for some advice.
I got AABa in my A-levels last year and currently am applying to

Economic History LSE
International Relations KCL
Econ + Pol QMUL
International Relations QMUL

I'm not sure what to put down for my 5th option. Should I take a punt on an AAA LSE place or it very unlikely I'll get it?
I want to stay in London but not sure what the last option should be?

Any help would be much appreciated!
I got AAB in my AS's (History, Politics, English Lit)
I was predicted A* A* A as my UMS for all were quite high
LSE for Government and History (pretty sure i'll be rejected)
Kings for International Politics
SOAS for Politics and History
Queen Mary for Politics and History
Manchester for Politics and Modern History
I've received an offer from Uni of manchester so far, conditional AAB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending