''Good intentions don't sanitize bad impact'' Why? Watch

Quma
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
''Good intentions don't sanitize bad impact'' Why?
Quma
Rep:
?
Up
RocketCiaranJ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Nazis.
Quma
Rep:
?
Up
The Dictator
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If people had not committed atrocities, we would not have been aware of the shocking magnitude of their crimes, or even that they were crimes to begin with. The first human being did not know automatically that murder was wrong. Murder was a form of self-preservation. It was only when he discovered that other human beings could kill that murder went from being something with no moral attachment to being the moral decision for primitive man. As man settled down into tribes, states and civilisations, the commonality and the development of society necessitated the creation of laws, rules and regulations to guide humanity and protect man from himself. So murder became immoral in general terms. But the people who claim to be our protectors (members of the state) are often those who do us the greatest harm. I am of the belief that human beings will never be able to rule themselves without the need for a state unless the psychology and the morality of human beings is developed, a morality that negates the requirement for a state to enforce it. There will always be a state until human beings can change their psychology, their mentality and their morality to be able to operate without a state and operate morally according to instinct, not a process of thought.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%