Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a pretty lazy student and I very rarely go to lectures, my grades have been good and I have only missed one or two projects over the year, I planned to make up for not doing them by just getting higher exam grades - being a first year student you just need to pass all your classes to stay on the course and the grades don’t count towards a degree.

However yesterday I received the letter below from the faculty registrar who isn't happy with my attendance and my missed work. Anyway I'm sure there have been others on the forums who may have received similar letters from their university who might have an insight into how serious they are. Lectures have finished and its exam time for the next month so I can't just start attending lectures and late coursework does not get any marks. What does it mean when you get letters like this? Are they trying to get me out or just trying to get me to do some work?

I’m planning on changing courses to economics from computer systems next year because I find the computing boring which is generally why I haven’t turned up much. It would be much easier to transfer having passed the first year of my course, so I need to do this properly. I’m going to write back to the registrar later but I have no extenuating circumstances so it will probably be pretty useless, I would appreciate any advice people may have who have had similar issues with their university.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    It means you need to see them and tell them if you have any problems, if you do have some problems as your marks are ok and its first year I imagine they will be pretty understanding about it. If all else fails beg. Maybe tell them you are depressed with and unhappy with the course which sounds like it is the case. See your personal tutor and buck your ideas up.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.