chloe_plaicex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm studying... A-level Law, A-level English Literature and a 90 Credit Diploma in Music Performing. I'm currently in my last year!

I'm interested in... Football - i'm a massive fan of football! I also play the clarinet, piano and the saxophone. Currently working towards my Grade 6 performing with my clarinet as well as trying (miserably!) to achieve my Grade 5 theory.

I'm thinking about... going off to university to do Special Educational Needs with Inclusion or Education. I'm hoping to one day work with children with behavourial problems or work with others with special needs. I just want to help others and be the change they deserve!
thatguy22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Welcome!

Ah, cool to see you are doing English Lit at A-Level, how you finding it?
chloe_plaicex
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatguy22)
Welcome!

Ah, cool to see you are doing English Lit at A-Level, how you finding it?
Hi and thank you!

I'm finding it pretty difficult if I'm honest! I'm not a big fan of the way my teacher teaches me the work as it's slightly patronising towards me which is a shame and makes me feel like I can't do it and how I seriously have to work my bum off to catch up with the others in my class!! However, all of us have the same grade from AS so I guess it's not that bad. I enjoy my Law and Music more. Do you do English Lit?
thatguy22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chloe_plaicex)
Hi and thank you!

I'm finding it pretty difficult if I'm honest! I'm not a big fan of the way my teacher teaches me the work as it's slightly patronising towards me which is a shame and makes me feel like I can't do it and how I seriously have to work my bum off to catch up with the others in my class!! However, all of us have the same grade from AS so I guess it's not that bad. I enjoy my Law and Music more. Do you do English Lit?
Yeah I do.

I think the step up from AS is pretty evident, especially in the essays we have had back so far. Much harder to get a top mark! I am sure you will be ok, a bit of hard work and you will be in a great position. Ahhh, Music, I did that at GCSE, Solid A. I found that really hard :P
chloe_plaicex
Rep:
?
Yeah I do.

I think the step up from AS is pretty evident, especially in the essays we have had back so far. Much harder to get a top mark! I am sure you will be ok, a bit of hard work and you will be in a great position. Ahhh, Music, I did that at GCSE, Solid A. I found that really hard :P
It's very evident! You doing Gothic? I've just finished my first piece of coursework which was hard too! I have an issue with the clarity of my written work as i tend to ramble a lot! You shoudl be proud to be even thinking of achieving those top grades! I'm looking for a respectable grade haha, not a chance of me getting an A!

I did Music at GCSE too but got a B, A* on the exam though Composing just wasn't my forte
thatguy22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's very evident! You doing Gothic? I've just finished my first piece of coursework which was hard too! I have an issue with the clarity of my written work as i tend to ramble a lot! You shoudl be proud to be even thinking of achieving those top grades! I'm looking for a respectable grade haha, not a chance of me getting an A!

I did Music at GCSE too but got a B, A* on the exam though Composing just wasn't my forte
Yeah, we are doing Dracula, really liking it actually. I think it is fantastic. The obvious sexual innuendo's keep our class fairly amused. Haha. What texts are you doing?

I actually got an A* on the composing bit, the only bit I could do. Listening...urgh. Not Good lets just say that.
chloe_plaicex
Rep:
?
Yeah, we are doing Dracula, really liking it actually. I think it is fantastic. The obvious sexual innuendo's keep our class fairly amused. Haha. What texts are you doing?

I actually got an A* on the composing bit, the only bit I could do. Listening...urgh. Not Good lets just say that.
Ah Dracula sounds good! Haha, oh we do the Bloody Chamber with two girls and three boys so that's always an interesting one with lots of generalisations and stereotypes. We always have some sort of debate how women are portrayed and the boys get too in to it sometimes!! We also do Macbeth (such an absolute bore zzzz) and Frankenstein that we adore. The Bloody Chamber is my favourite though, probably because it's so odd and pretty comical!

That's very good to get an A* on the composing, my composing got a B and a C haha, it was terrible
thatguy22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah Dracula sounds good! Haha, oh we do the Bloody Chamber with two girls and three boys so that's always an interesting one with lots of generalisations and stereotypes. We always have some sort of debate how women are portrayed and the boys get too in to it sometimes!! We also do Macbeth (such an absolute bore zzzz) and Frankenstein that we adore. The Bloody Chamber is my favourite though, probably because it's so odd and pretty comical!

That's very good to get an A* on the composing, my composing got a B and a C haha, it was terrible
I actually have The Bloody Chambers, extra reading for the UCAS nonsense. It does sound really good!!
chloe_plaicex
Rep:
?
I actually have The Bloody Chambers, extra reading for the UCAS nonsense. It does sound really good!!
It is pretty good, trust me! You going on to do English Literature at University then? What other A-Levels do you do?
thatguy22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is pretty good, trust me! You going on to do English Literature at University then? What other A-Levels do you do?
Yeah, thats the plan. Haha. Well...I am slightly strange as I am doing English Lit, Maths and Biology at A-Level.
chloe_plaicex
Rep:
?
Yeah, thats the plan. Haha. Well...I am slightly strange as I am doing English Lit, Maths and Biology at A-Level.
No that's not strange! I know a lot of people who mix English with Maths. I really do hate science haha, unless it's human biology but at A-Level it's mostly about plants isn't it? You must be very clever though!
thatguy22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No that's not strange! I know a lot of people who mix English with Maths. I really do hate science haha, unless it's human biology but at A-Level it's mostly about plants isn't it? You must be very clever though!
We have quite a bit of Plant/Ecology stuff yeah, tbh, it isn't too bad. Just ALOT OF LEARNING.

Haha, well...I am OK. I just didnt want to pick too many essay subjects at A2!
chloe_plaicex
Rep:
?
We have quite a bit of Plant/Ecology stuff yeah, tbh, it isn't too bad. Just ALOT OF LEARNING.

Haha, well...I am OK. I just didnt want to pick too many essay subjects at A2!
Yeah I bet! I chose two essay based A-Levels and sometimes i regret it! However, I know that English is one of the best A-Levels to do so it was why i chose it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads