The Student Room Group

My bestfriend wants a boyfriend but is so picky!!!

So my bestfriend constantly moans about being single and wants me to hook her up were possible. I never really noticed but I am a very interracial person and I'm white and so is she. But she does not find "coloured" people attractive but any one of these guys could be her future husband and half the white guys she has been with are complete wastes of life or ugly..

"How do I fetch her to the dark side" :tongue:
Just tell her to simmer down, rides few waves, we all know no cash no kush maaaan

Posted from TSR Mobile
um, I've never really bought the whole "skin colour is an issue of preference, not racism" thing - like if ethnicity is a deciding factor, you seriously need some alone time with your moral compass - but physical attraction IS important, and you can't manipulate what your friend is into. that just doesn't work. if I were you, I'd let her sort her own love life out. her narrow-mindedness is not your concern

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Autumnsong
um, I've never really bought the whole "skin colour is an issue of preference, not racism" thing - like if ethnicity is a deciding factor, you seriously need some alone time with your moral compass - but physical attraction IS important, and you can't manipulate what your friend is into. that just doesn't work. if I were you, I'd let her sort her own love life out. her narrow-mindedness is not your concern

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^^ well said!
Moved to relationships forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a non-white person I think it's fair enough if she isn't physically attracted to us but I think it's wrong to put everyone in the same boat, sometimes you never know.
I think people probably do have preferences on what they find attractive in terms of race, in the same was nearly every guy I've liked has been blonde... doesn't mean I didn't date a brunette once though... she may generally go for white guys which is fine but saying she isn't attracted to ANY other ethnicities ever sounds racist and closed minded to me as preferences just aren't that fixed
I personally could find goodlooking people in all races but prefer a race out of my own.I think its because naturally people find "rare" more "precious". it works in that way for me at least.
some people do find a certain race is more attractive physically and it does not make them racists. There are some common biological looking similaries in one race and its not just about "colour". Not being attracted to a certain race doesnt mean they despite them.

I dont think I need to point out that physical attraction is important in relationship.So I don't think it could work in that way even if you mean well. I don't know if she is narrow minded or not but afterall its her own decision to make.
Threads like these make me question my understanding of women
Original post by WeedCanKill
Threads like these make me question my understanding of women

That's why you gotta keep researching, practical is always accurate my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't help what you're attracted to.
I have never ever been out with a "white girl", my passion is to accquire one, but how...I am very outgoing type and enjoy life to the max. I am single and still looking for a gf, where can i find one, is there any one out here, please just message me. Will see where we go from here. My background is fom the asian community. I would love to hear from you girls. As i am very true and honest, really this is my goal to find someone. Will I?
Original post by dawn94
You can't help what you're attracted to.

hence "you can't manipulate what your friend is into." what I'm saying is race shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending