Azurefeline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I've ended up having to do M2 this year (A2) due to some poor decisions I made in year 11. I did fine at both S1 and M1 in maths last year (AS) but opted for M2 because I found S1 to be extremely counter intuitive, and my good grade was complete fluke.

So far, I now have a teacher who is pathetic at teaching. He only gives us examples, and not the basic theory beforehand. I have been making the notes myself from the textbook, but hitting the end of chapter 2 (Work, Energy and Power) this is clearly not going to be enough.

So, in the interest of persevering and not flunking the exam hoping my M1 and a little of the M2 will sink in enough to maybe scrape a C, I was really hoping someone knew of a free resource which gave extra worked examples or generic notes on the M2 syllabus. I did investigate the idea of private tuition, but it's definitely not affordable, and my other maths teacher (C3C4) has been unhelpful, suggesting I go to my mechanics teacher with questions about the mechanics syllabus, whose teaching style doesn't really cooperate with students not grasping material as fast as he writes it down)

Many thanks in advance,
Azurefeline.
Chris654
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.examsolutions.net/ is a great resource
Azurefeline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Chris654)
http://www.examsolutions.net/ is a great resource
Wow, that's amazing! Thanks, this will definitely help - at the very least someone going through a problem and explaining what they do should be useful.
Chris654
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He is really good at explaining concepts and how to answer the questions (in my opinion anyway), he doesn't make it too complicated. Currently using it to self teach Further Maths AS and seems to be going well so I would definitely recommend watching a few of his videos when you get stuck !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (98)
13.69%
I'm not sure (32)
4.47%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (224)
31.28%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (345)
48.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed