Does inorganic food contain DANGEROUS hormone and chemicals? (srs)

Watch
Joyful_soul
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Please inform me; how dangerous is inorganic?

I feel like chit after eating inorganic -- is it the food or something up with me?

Thanks!!
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Joyful_soul)
Please inform me; how dangerous is inorganic?

I feel like chit after eating inorganic -- is it the food or something up with me?

Thanks!!
Food that isn't certified as organic shouldn't make you feel bad. If it isn't certified organic, artificial fertilizers and pesticides can be used. If these were found to harm humans, they would be banned outright.
Joyful_soul
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by pjm600)
Food that isn't certified as organic shouldn't make you feel bad. If it isn't certified organic, artificial fertilizers and pesticides can be used. If these were found to harm humans, they would be banned outright.
Why buy organic then?
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why buy organic then?
Some people might be allergic or sensitive to the additional fertilisers and pesticides used. Some people subscribe to the media pushed idea that "chemicals" are and although everything is chemicals. Some people are concerned about the environmental impact of non organic. There are really many sides to the debate and its probably best to do some thorough research of both sides and then decide for yourself.
SEHughes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why buy organic then?
Because there's a market for it. Same as for junk exercise equipment, Tarot readings, and "detox diets".
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No /thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads