Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)
    Celeron = 128k I think
    They definetly have atleast 256k cache now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    http://www.alienware.com/Configurato...de=SKU-EXTREME

you can customise them. i would have a 3.4ghz wiv 2gb ram with one 500gb and a second 120gb hard drive.

plus two 30inch flatscreens dual monitored....:cool:
    I just entered to win one. If you buy Rise of Nations Thrones and Patroits, you get a code to enter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Nah, there's better cases out there. Get one with a clear side panel and make sure you buy the right wiring, tidy it all up and add some cold cathodes. Looks much more impressive
    But it has an alien head, in silver as well!!!

ReputationRep:
    nope 128k

It's based on the northwood core though...

GHOSH IT'S A CELERON I'M SO EXCITIED!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    They definetly have atleast 256k cache now.
    Even though an AMD64 has a 1MB cache, notice the difference. Lower end athlons have a 512KB cache, so why bother with a celeron

ReputationRep:
    at school all the computers have broadband. it must cost loads tho. like £15 a month x 300 is mental. how do they ever afford it. its good tho, it means you can go on two websites at once.

ReputationRep:
    we need a computing subforum...given this is the internet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)
    nope 128k

It's based on the northwood core though...

GHOSH IT'S A CELERON I'M SO EXCITIED!!!
    You strange individual. If I tried getting a celeron for sakura, she would disown me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    we need a computing subforum...given this is the internet...
    definitely there is always a couple of proper geek threads about programming and stuff in general chat which no one will understand in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    at school all the computers have broadband. it must cost loads tho. like £15 a month x 300 is mental. how do they ever afford it. its good tho, it means you can go on two websites at once.
    you're lucky, our school has the *****est computers in teh world. we use computer that have been throwned out by other schools and the internet about 18k for each person

ReputationRep:
    doesnt work like that, the network feeds off the councils internet connection i think. T1 or T3 connections, which is so fast the wires must be large enough to send rats down it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    But it has an alien head, in silver as well!!!
    Im sorry but they dont impress me at all.

They don't look professional (imagine having that on an office desk :rolleyes: ), and if you need that kind of power then you would probably know that they are overpriced and could have one custom made/build your own for much less.

ReputationRep:
    They use a T3+ link to one of the backbones. The total bandwidth is probably about 7Mb/s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    definitely there is always a couple of proper geek threads about programming and stuff in general chat which no one will understand in the slightest.
    we have a computer-minded mod raydhenheuk (spl?) and defiantly the interest to make it a well used forum

think of all the computer related problems ppl get....

ReputationRep:
    {sacrasm} you are really funny you know {scarsam}

ReputationRep:
    They use a T3+ link to one of the backbones. The total bandwidth is probably about 7Mb/s
    even i cant understand that.

ReputationRep:
    You strange individual. If I tried getting a celeron for sakura, she would disown me.
    Dude, you have a duron so dont be ****gin off the celerons :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    we have a computer-minded mod raydhenheuk (spl?) and defiantly the interest to make it a well used forum

think of all the computer related problems ppl get....
    they'll never do it

ReputationRep:
    Fetishes can't be explained. I just LOVE celerons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    doesnt work like that, the network feeds off the councils internet connection i think. T1 or T3 connections, which is so fast the wires must be large enough to send rats down it
    Medway LEA has a 7Mb/s pipe, which my school gets most of.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.