The Student Room Group

Do you have a question about bullying?

Scroll to see replies

I hate bullies soo much, but I feel like some people online took it as a trend to claim or truthfully say that they've been bullied to get attention and sympathy, which I hate also..

it's like getting bullied is a fashion thing online..
When does bullying become unlawful behaviour?

As some one who was bullied when younger it's not something I'd thought about until very recently with the rise in prosecutions for what is being described as 'online trolling'. Many of the things classed as online trolling in these prosecutions would probably be classed as bulling, if say they happened in person between 12 years at school.

So where is the line drawn? What is something bullying and when is something an unlawful attack on another person (whether the attack is verbal, physical or other...)

I'm not sure society has a clear line, isn't sure if there is a line or even if there should be a line...
(edited 9 years ago)
How would you deal with bullying in the workplace?

The firm I work for has been contracted to do some work for another firm, and I have to work with one of the managers there. He's extremely snide and patronising to me, and constantly keeps trying to put me down, but it's in private (though I get the impression that people like his secretary are not overly fond of him either). As I'm the person who's doing that particular piece of work (and he's the only person working for them who knows what they need), I can't request that someone else do this.

Should I take it up with one of his superiors?
Reply 43
No.
Reply 44
Original post by BreakingBadx
How would you deal with bullying in the workplace?

The firm I work for has been contracted to do some work for another firm, and I have to work with one of the managers there. He's extremely snide and patronising to me, and constantly keeps trying to put me down, but it's in private (though I get the impression that people like his secretary are not overly fond of him either). As I'm the person who's doing that particular piece of work (and he's the only person working for them who knows what they need), I can't request that someone else do this.

Should I take it up with one of his superiors?

I have a solution: put some ricin in his coffee.
Reply 45
Original post by young akhi
I hate bullies soo much, but I feel like some people online took it as a trend to claim or truthfully say that they've been bullied to get attention and sympathy, which I hate also..

it's like getting bullied is a fashion thing online..

I have nothing else to say, apart from the fact that I agree.
Hey!

The Q&A video can be found on the Anti-bullying week hub and it is well worth checking out if you submitted a question as members have been mentioned in the video! :thumbsup:

Video is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=262-anti-bullying-week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending