The Student Room Group

Am I the only one that is incredibly miffed at Doctor Who?

Scroll to see replies

It's such a shame that the writing has gone so downhill in recent years! I think Matt Smith could have been a great Doctor if given better story lines that actually followed through..

And I love Peter Capaldi but I haven't watched this series since the first episode, I keep telling myself I'm going to catch up but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not?
Original post by aoxa
Finally, people who understand the pain of the newer series.

1. The quality of the script writing has been going down ever since Moffat became head writer (I mean, no two parters anymore :unimpressed:)

2. Bloody Clara. Coleman's acting is awful and they just need to kill her off or something.

3. I don't understand what happened to all the good monsters - the first episode with the weeping angels in was amazing, but since then, they've been reused so many times they're just pathetic. And Moffat has just been bringing back the darleks back again and again without any plot. And then you had the whole thing with the silence, and then that amount to well, nothing (the crack in the wall plot line was rubbish too imo)

Bring back the days off good Doctor Who :fuhrer: (srs, we should start a petition)

Sigh... I just hate when people shun Moffat without looking back at RTD (Russel T. Davies, he ran Tennant and Eccleston, Moffat wrote damn good episodes during that time). RTD was awful with his Easternders-esque family problems and picking poor level direction. Let me go through your points

1. Moffat era went down very low in watching demographic (from 10 million to 4 is a jump), but the critics praise the episodes more. They are better but only suit specific audience, they are not yours all-ages-all-types common, simple blabber of RTD. I do agree that some of Moffat arcs are far fetched and pointless, but look at RTD. Davros created a bomb out of 16 planets... somehow... and he wanted... to destroy all reality... why? how? Ahhh.

2. She'll be gone soon.

3. Daleks are more popular in RTD era, he always used them as a finale (he ven tried to put them in last one, but Moffat forbid it). Moff used daleks in 3 episodes (as a central monster), while RTD in 3 in one series alone (I think his run had 9-dalek based episodes. Weeping Angels were created by Moff, and so did the clockwork droids, Weshta Nerada, The Fear, and Silence. According to me they are most compelling monsters in a new-who run; while RTD presented us with Abzorbaloff and Racknoss and Sycorax (none of which are looking good or have any deep, interesting meaning), or farting aliens- as if a three year old wrote it.
Original post by abbiemac

2) the monsters are AWFUL. There has not been a decent one yet this series! Okay the daleks, but they're just re using them.

The Cybermen will be back again soon in the episode after next I think. :mmm:
Original post by Davalla
The Cybermen will be back again soon in the episode after next I think. :mmm:

Again, the cybermen are awesome :3 But they're still just re-using the old monsters. Why can't they think of something new that's awesome? D:

Quick Reply

Latest