Turn on thread page Beta

Stupid accommodation question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Obviously catered rooms are lockable, however, if I choose self-catered, will I be able to lock my individual room? Or would only the self catered flat I am in be lockable, and my room with no lock?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    Obviously catered rooms are lockable, however, if I choose self-catered, will I be able to lock my individual room? Or would only the self catered flat I am in be lockable, and my room with no lock?

Thanks
    Your room will be lockable.

ReputationRep:
    As above, though it's not something to worry about. I have to go through 7 doors to get to my room from outside the building. Two of these require a key and one requires a swipecard, so if it's anything similar at your uni you will be well protected

ReputationRep:
    It will be locked dont worry, I have 3 doors that are lockable, and many others that you get a key for but are never locked.
    Oh and one for my mail box which is also locked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fairydust)
    It will be locked dont worry, I have 3 doors that are lockable, and many others that you get a key for but are never locked.
    Oh and one for my mail box which is also locked
    ooo you get a mail box? I totally hadn't thought about that - excitement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    ooo you get a mail box? I totally hadn't thought about that - excitement.
    I don't get a mail box, I share it with 16 other people. I doubt anyone would steal mail as it's just letters. Any packages and things go to the post room to stop other people walking of with them.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.